The successful candidate will be the senior member of the management team reporting directly to the General Manager. The deputy GM will be responsible for actioning the plans and policies of the hotel and achieving budget. The budget and plans will be set by the management team comprising the GM, Financial Controller, Deputy GM and Sales and Marketing manager. With overall responsibility for operations the deputy will be responsible for fostering a positive and progressive work ethic and environment and ensuring delivery of standards and guest satisfaction.
- In conjunction with the General Manager and Financial Controller prepare a business plan to achieve budget.
- Assist in the development of the hotel, its structure and equipment.
- Participate in the furthering of the hotel’s development, reputation and profitability.
- To assist the General Manager in Performance Management by means of structured accountability and responsibility reporting methods.
Profitability & Control
- To participate in monthly financial reviews with the General Manager and Financial Controller. Assist in formulating and executing any responses to the reviews.
- To work with departmental heads in support of all and any cross departmental initiatives of service and sales or cost control.
- To ensure the preparation of effective costed rosters, within budget, providing enough cover for the level of business and to incorporate the fair rotation of time/weekends off for all staff.
- To participate in product development
- Oversee effective stock & cost control systems for the food & beverage operation, remaining in budget and maximizing profitability.
- To promote in-house product knowledge and sales across all departments.
- Keep staff welfare and development at the centre of operations.
- Ensure department heads implement properly thought out induction plans for all new starters.
- Maintain rolling reviews of department heads’ job-chats and appraisal reviews.
- Ensure all department heads are sufficiently skilled to integrate HR practices into their daily operations.
- Ensure Heads of Department maintain two week costed rosters for each department and to maintain an annual leave plan for the year.
- As the most Senior member of the operational management team the Deputy General Manager must be a champion of standards and conduct throughout the property and across all departments.
- To foster a shared enthusiasm among all staff in an environment of mutual respect and support.
- To ensure the departments are well maintained. Participate in scheduled inspections of the departments.
- To monitor guest feedback and incorporate into training and product development.
- To respond positively to all special requests.
- With use of forecasts ensure all departments are briefed well in advance of forthcoming business and are aware of all reservations for groups/parties and VIP’s in advance.
- To ensure pre-service briefings are part of normal daily activity in all departments.
- To ensure good inter departmental co-operation and communication is encouraged and maintained.
- Participate in Public Relations activities, press releases and promotional events.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!