Our client is an industry-leading financial services company and they currently have an exciting opportunity for a Depositary Services Relationship Manager to join their team in Dublin. The successful candidates primarily responsible will be for the day to day onboarding for assigned new business activities requiring depositary services. This position is on an initial 12-month fixed-term contract. Hybrid working is in place – 3 days in the office and 2 from home.
- Serve as the main point of contact for depositary matters, catering to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive grasp of depositary oversight responsibilities, fund operational models, and regulatory frameworks.
- Offer assistance for new fund launches, fund closures, and intricate product requirements.
- Independently oversee and finalize depositary onboarding requirements, ensuring adherence to depositary governance standards, encompassing valuation policies, due diligence questionnaires, service level definitions, and fund documentation.
- Facilitate the establishment of new clients and funds within the depositary oversight systems.
- Effectively manage client expectations throughout the onboarding process.
- Participate in client workshops and meetings, providing expertise on depositary and regulatory aspects.
- Oversee day-to-day fund operations and address client inquiries as needed.
- Identify, escalate, and take ownership of any issues that might lead to operational, financial, regulatory, or fiduciary breaches.
- Proactively manage risks and issues in compliance with corporate risk and governance protocols.
- Provide coverage and support to team members when necessary.
- Third level qualification and/or advanced professional studies.
- Essential experience in the financial services sector, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the fund industry.
- Prior experience in a depositary/trustee/compliance/audit role is a distinct advantage.
- Preference for industry-related qualifications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of depositary/trustee laws, regulations, and local prerequisites, particularly those related to Irish funds, AIFMD, and UCITS regulations.
- Proficiency in using MS Office/MS365 tools, including MS Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
For more information on the role contact Niamh Cregg