Accounting Portfolio / Fund – Consultant, Depositary Operations
About The Role:
This entails areas including and, not limited to, client management, monitoring fund compliance with investment restrictions, engaging with regulators and audit firms, producing accurate MI reporting, assisting in depositary projects and initiatives and supporting new business activity within the depositary business.
• First point of contact for clients and internal partners for allocated clients.
• Responsible for servicing allocated clients including timely escalation of issues on a day to day basis.
• Attend with your manager and present at quarterly board meetings, due diligence visits for allocated clients.
• Participate in ad-hoc client meetings/ calls.
• Review fund documentation from a trustee/depositary perspective, including prospectus / supplement / RMP / Valuation Policies and SLD.
Investment Compliance Monitoring
• Perform periodic investment restriction reviews.
• Investigate breaches and communicate to fund promoter / investment manager.
• Update the regulatory breaches register.
• Ensure prompt response to client & internal queries.
Reporting & Data Management
• Complete monthly client reports and ensure reports are sent within SLD deadline.
• Produce quarterly board report and issue to Corp. Sec within deadline.
• Complete and monitor fund risk assessment reporting.
• Update and maintain the regulatory breaches & error registers
• Report investment breaches to fund boards and the CBI as required.
• Report material price errors to fund boards and the CBI as required.
• Assist in the completion of the annual on-site inspection of each operational section in the administration company.
• Assist with the on-going monitoring of appointed global custodians / prime brokers.
Skills / Experience Required:
• Ability to work within a multi-team structure.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong communication, problem-solving and time management skills.
• At least 5 years’ relevant fund industry experience.
• Experience in a depositary / relationship management / compliance / a distinct advantage.
• Understanding of the laws and regulations applicable to depositary/trustee – in particular, requirements for Irish funds.
• Working fund knowledge including exposure to complex asset and fund structures.
• The successful candidate would display ambition, positivity, confidence, discipline, approachability and enthusiasm.
If interested, please give Blaithin O’Shea a call on 01 66 200 88 or email email@example.com