Data Validation Specialist
As a Data Validation Specialist you will be responsible for the validation of data from raw input. This will also involve identifying, investigating and resolving data and quality issues. You will work as part of a wider team responsible for conducting quality and validation checks.
- Identify and mitigate risks to our businesses not achieving their ‘On Time and Correct’ (OTC) scores
- Addressing client queries received through our Operations Client Services team as well as other external parties
- Conducting analysis on retailer trending and providing insights to the Operations Client Services team
- Completing data quality close out activities, (releasing the data to our Process Control group as being validated and quality checked) and running associated SAS reports
- Working with our Product and Operations Client Service teams in implementing new initiatives, including analysis on the cost of such an initiative and the level of effort required to deliver the initiative (e.g. cost and manpower associated)
- Understand the interdependencies of work and the implications of any errors. Always working towards minimising risks of database re-runs and/or errors. Drive process improvement everyday by identifying and implementing changes that will improve quality and/or efficiency
- Developing standardised approaches to increase efficiency in relating to validation and investigatory work
- Benchmarking the validation processes across the business – testing the soundness/robustness of the approaches to ensure best practices are implemented at all times
- Ensuring the root cause of any issue has been identified and creating preventative measures to avoid future risks
- Mobilising your technical skills and knowledge to facilitate improvements and be of maximum benefit to the wider team
- Developing strong working relationships with international colleagues across multiple functions
- This role may require you to work evenings and over the weekend to facilitate the smooth running of data. This is to ensure data is delivered and quality approved for our Client Servicing teams in a timely manner
- Testing of in-house applications post changes e.g. in project environments, to ensure continuity of performance
- A third level qualification and work experience in which you demonstrated team player skills
- Naturally rigorous and organised, you are able to run numerous tasks concurrently, to deliver results within tight timelines
- Enthusiastic and open to learn technical processes. Have a collaborative approach and strong communication skills
- Ability to locate and decipher appropriate and accurate information (identifying key information in documentation and/or via web research) before proceeding with changes to the data set
- Solid knowledge of MS Office (Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint) – advanced skills in this regard are advantageous
- Self-directed; strong ability to work independently, to troubleshoot and resolve issues and delivers work diligently
- Ability to deal with complex information, have an inquisitive mind-set and to anticipate potential implications of actions
- Anticipate issues and takes appropriate action immediately.
- An analytical thinker who makes considered decisions and involves the right people. Possess solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Is process driven, but looks to identify efficiencies and best practice approaches and shares ideas with colleagues
- Strong communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership for tasks.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!