Video for this job
A Cork-based real-time data analytics software company are looking for a creative and innovative data scientist to help provide our greater insights to their business
As part of this team you will focus on various data science problems and closely work with the rest of the data, product, creative and leadership teams to drive valuable insights into the software products.
You will have the opportunity to see a direct link between your effort and corresponding business-critical questions, insights, and outcomes.
Role (what you will need):
- You will need an analytical mind, to live and breathe value-driven analytics.
- You are genuinely curious about many industries, especially retail.
- Communication – You can explain what you’re doing
- Grit – You know data is not perfect, and you don’t need it to be. You can make the best out of a situation, roll-up your sleeves and get to work
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc in a relevant field
- Willingness to learn something new – a new programming language or data science technique
- Ability and willingness to do the Data Science: everything from scraping web APIs, heavy munging, thorough model validation testing and continuous feedback
- Have the ability to write sophisticated machine learning and data analysis code in R, Python, etc.
- Fluent in SQL and relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to write data analyses reports for internal and external use
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organization and share complex insights at all levels of the organization
- Ability to problem solve independently and prioritize work based on anticipated business value
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Phil on 021 4911064 or email email@example.com