Data Governance Manager
About this Role
The purpose of the role will be to lead and manage all organisation-wide data governance activities and will have responsibility for improving the quality and managing the protection of data and information assets. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the Business and Functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
- Roll out an enterprise wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organisation behaviour policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritisation and planning.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities and adoption requirements.
- In conjunction with the IT and the MI dept, provde progress reports to Board management and oversee periodic updates to the Data Governance Roadmap.
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace/represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
- Management of all data governance activities with a view to improving the governance, quality and value of core data assets.
- Responsible for maintaining and refining the data governance quality programme and all related data governance activities. Ensure end-to-end data quality governance of all authoritative data sources.
- Key point of escalation for data governance and data quality issues, liaising between the business and technology to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and understood ensuring operational effectiveness.
- Serve as a point of escalation for governance and data quality issues, working closely with business leader to improve the quality and value of core data.
- Lead the design and delivery of systems, processes and dashboard for the streamlined production and analysis of quality management information to support management decision making.
- Develop and maintain a clear Data Quality Strategy.
- Develop and implement effective controls and standardised processes.
- Identify opportunities for utilising data across group-wide regions.
- Define overall data quality KPIs measurements and reporting standards including escalation of systemic data quality issues.
- Provide robust, reliable business reporting and analysis in a user-friendly format which meets the needs of operational/business leaders and their teams.
- Identify and exploit data for competitive advantages.
- Lead in the identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting on data related risks.
- Validate data and conduct thorough data analysis to identify and communicate opportunities, threats and best practice to Business Leaders in order to drive continuous performance improvement.
- Embed a greater awareness of the need for data quality and data ownership across business units.
- Promote strong collaboration between business areas and IT to drive improvements in the quality and value of our core data assets.
- Lead data remediation initiative and process improvements to resolve escalated issues, drive risk mitigation, define accountable roles and responsibilities facilitating stakeholder engagement.
- Ad hoc projects/tasks as required.
- Relevance, accuracy and timeliness of reports and analysis.
- Recommendations to business owners on process / data improvements.
- Benchmark industry standards and new technologies for data quality management and identify ways to implement them
- Provide comprehensive and accurate data across key operational and servicing functions that support strategy formulation.
- Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a data quality specialist in large integration projects (e.g Data Warehouse, Master Data Management)
- Experience in designing and implementing data governance operating models (e.g. DCAM)
- Strong communication skills
- Relevant 3rd level degree
- Previous experience within financial services and exposure to a range of asset types including residential mortgages, commercial real estate mortgages and consumer finance products is desirable
- A formal Data Analytics qualification or similar would be advantageous
- A high level of drive and a commitment to personal and business success
- Proven practical knowledge of and experience in Data & Analytics technologies, best practice models and project delivery methodologies
- Strong technical skills for manipulating large volumes of data are essential.
- Ability to use a wide variety of data sources, structuring data sets and delivering analysis to a high, often auditable standard
- In-depth knowledge of industry data quality and data governance best practices
- Attention to detail and foresight, with strong data interrogation and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of data management to support analytics, including experience in big data technologies, and how to utilise them to solve complex business problems
- High level of autonomy and self-management
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Ability to develop and manage relationships both internally and externally
If interested, please contact Blaithin O’Shea on 01 66 200 88 or email firstname.lastname@example.org