- Reference: CJ46775
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
The Data Analytics Scientist will contribute to machine learning based techniques for process fingerprinting and analytics-based tech transfer. Specifically, the Scientist will create machine learning models that integrate many types of data to create comprehensive process models. Models will then be applied for commercial scale manufacturing to increase process robustness and lower the risk of tech transfer activities. The Scientist will have experience in cell culture manufacturing techniques as well as data analytics and machine learning.
- Systems and data audit at multiple sites
- Comprehensive machine learning models for 3+ process stages at multiple sites
- Supervised comparative models to establish process comparability
- Ability to prioritize work independently to meet deadlines while managing changing priorities to meet customer’s needs.
- Work independently on projects that will be both strategic and tactical in nature.
- Ability to provide strategic direction using innovation and creative solutions.
- Use effective internal/external influencing, interpersonal skills, negotiation and conflict management skills to resolve relationship and project issues.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science
- Master’s in Data Science, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, or similar discipline
- 6 months – 3 years’ experience working at a large pharmaceutical company is desirable but not essential
- Prior knowledge of any of the following are strongly desirable: SIMCA, machine learning, multivariate analysis, cell culture manufacturing
- Knowledge of both upstream and downstream cell culture processes are desirable.
- Programming knowledge in a scripting language, R, or MATLAB is required for data manipulation and analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership is required.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Laura Jevens on 021 4911060 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!