We have an excellent opportunity to join a leading multinational medical device company in Athlone.
The permanent role offers flexible Hybrid working, making it suitable for candidates coming from a wider geographical area.
The Data Analyst will manage, analyze, report and audit the Transport spend, trends and performance for the global team: ensuring timely & accurate financial spend reporting, performing key analytics and ensuring the quality of data in relevant systems.
Key Responsibilities will include: (full description available on request)
- Process deliveries & shipments into the TMS system ensuring accurate transport cost estimation at a rate element level (Charge code), correct financial general ledger/cost centre coding with accurate date, volume and reference indicators
- Provide transport information as required to all stakeholders including Transport regional managers, Carriers, 3PLs and internal employees
- Review, assess and respond to queries & correspondence related to all control tower activities via the control tower shared mailbox
- Register/integrate Freight Invoices into the TMS system, applying & matching costs to shipments at an individual freight charge level, adding where necessary missing costs and/or charge codes
- Audit freight invoices according to Control Tower guidelines & rules to detect charge discrepancies
- Register invoice discrepancies together with reason code and reason descriptions
- Register documents and supporting material into the Transport Management System for document retention purposes and issue resolution
- Interrogate spend & volume trends by Region, Flow, Mode and Transport Lane to highlight variances to plan.
- Perform data analytics, data mining and produce statistical models and graphs that interpret results and provide explanatory commentary
- Attend Control Tower weekly disputes call together with Regional Transportation Managers to collectively address any ageing of disputes and gain approvals for excel costs
- Communicate directly with Freight Suppliers on invoice-related queries via email and Microsoft Teams video call where appropriate
- Perform reconciliations to Supplier’s statements, Transport Management system reports and SAP where required
- Support Control Tower project team(s) for continuous improvement & preventative action activities
- Attend daily Control Tower team virtual video calls & on-site meetings as required
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Business 3rd level qualification preferred
- Experience working in a multinational
- Highly competent in Data analytics and reporting through Tableau, Power BI or Excel.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Global Transport knowledge is preferred but not essential
- Ability to work independently, accept accountability, and be self-motivated
- Very competent in Windows, MS Excel, MS word
- Very flexible hybrid working
- Pension contribution
- Full Healthcare cover
- Subsidised gym membership, sports and social club
- 24 days annual leave
For a confidential discussion and more information on this Data Analyst role please contact Michelle Miley.
+353 90 6450667