There is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, multinational Technology/Electronics company as a Data Analyst on a permanent basis. The company's Irish facility is located in North Cork and they are offering flexible working solutions for the right candidate.
About the role
The Data Analyst will be collecting and analyzing live data from units in circulation in order to make recommendations to the development team on device performance to better define customer-specific functions of products. The role will focus primarily on Data Analysis and will also involve some aspects of product ownership such as specifying customer needs based on the data collected from the live units.
- Communicate with customers about new projects; explain device behaviour, typical use cases, understand customer use cases and propose how company products can meet their requirements, as is, via parameter changes, or updated features.
- Evaluate field unit performance continuously, communicate with customers to identify potential problems, performance issues, possible optimizations in usage and operation.
- Collect and analyse data from the field, to feedback to MP design team to make continuous improvements of software behaviour and motion algorithms.
- Communicate with customers about new features, improvements points, software issues
- Develop analysing tools and scripts for field test and MP customer units, to analyse in field behaviour of company products
- Plan and execute data collection for analysis, visualization - primary in motion detection and classification use cases.
- Evaluate the performance of current and new ideas and requirements from field data
- Self-directed and ability to independently perform an investigation to find and diagnose as-yet-undiscovered issues, and to expand and improve existing test methods
- Collaborate with MP design team in conducting experiments to develop new algorithms, including experimental setup, data collection, and compilation of results
- Collaborate continuously with the customer, Sales team, Business Development Team, software teams and other engineering departments
- Ability to travel to support customer meetings and occasional test drives
Key Skill Requirements
- Apply mathematical concepts to draw out meaning from complex real-world data
- Good knowledge or willingness to learn associated programming tools for data analysis e.g. Python, Matlab, SQL etc
- Good Knowledge or willingness to learn associated data visualisation tools such as Tableau, PowerBi etc
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies is a plus
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Ryan Blackett.