My client is an Irish based company with over 30 years’ experience specialising in providing a full solution for the supply of high quality livestock to customers in Ireland, across Europe and many other countries. An excellent performing transient dairy herd is an intrinsic part of the business.
They are now recruiting for a new role Dairy Herd Manager to join their team. A dynamic role with excellent opportunity for career progression for the successful candidate.
- Reporting to the General Manager and Company Directors.
- Managing a team of 7 farm employees & being part of the administration team for the Farm.
- Managing the milking process and assisting when required.
- Assessing and upskilling of farm operators.
- Stock recording using latest Software.
- Ensuring compliance with H&S, Employment, and Dept of Agriculture and Bord Bia regulations.
- Working Closely with our suppliers and contractors to strengthen the core of our business.
- Working closely with farm feed nutritionist to maximise the value of the feed and assisting with diet feeding when required.
- Work closely with & take direction from the leadership team.
- Be proficient in grassland management.
- Demonstrable Management experience of a dairy farm.
- Be proficient in using all farm machinery.
- Ability to Manage, Train and Mentor farm staff
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and smartphone technology.
- A full clean driving licence is required.
On Offer -
- Competitive Salary
- Company Vehicle
- Other - Full JD available
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarra Hadi