- Reference: GJ47032
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Connacht, Galway, Galway City
- Category: Medical Devices
The Customer Service Engineer will be working within two of our clients product lines which manufacture and supply equipment to the medical manufacturing industries, primarily for catheter production. This position will be located in Ireland at our sales agent’s facility in Galway. This is a technically oriented, customer-facing position with responsibility for providing product development, design and technical support to our European customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with sales personnel to identify and assess opportunities either on site or via visits to customers’ facilities
- Receive and handle incoming communications for technical support and troubleshooting
- Provide in-field troubleshooting and process development support
- Manage local projects and/or participate in a project team to support completion of customer PO’s
- Build customer rapport by understanding their needs and requirements
- Assess and analyze competitors and trends
- Work with Aftermarket team to support customers in need of repair and/or re-certifications
- Work with Quality Assurance on Customer Complaints
- Maintains and improves quality results by following established procedures, and recommending improved policies and procedures
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical, mechanical and process related issues for mold tooling and equipment.
- Initiates requests for engineering changes, provides verification, and follows through for implementation of the changes.
- Sets up and conducts tests of completed units and components under operational conditions to investigate design against customer requirements. Generally, samples are provided to the customer.
- Uses material knowledge to create a library for Engineering Design and Process Development.
- Provides samples and defines system requirements for potential customer applications. Assists marketing in proposal development based on this system definition.
- Provides support to Sales, Engineering and Operations in Order and Design Review Meetings.
- Strong technical skills related to plastics processing. Experience with extrusion, injection molding or other secondary plastics processing technologies is preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of SolidWorks 3D or similar CAD program.
- Must have a “hands-on” mentality and good skill working with typical benchtop assembly tools (Allen wrenches, screw drivers, pliers, and similar tools).
- Mechanical design experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal communication skills required (in-person, phone and email)
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to learn and understand product line and specifications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Travel within the EU is intended to be part of this role. Estimated at to be 20% co-travel with sales agents or individual visits to customers’ facilities.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM system is a plus
Education, Training, Professional Certifications, and Work Experience:
- BS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering plus 5 years experience
- Demonstrated experience with customer-facing activities preferred
- Must be able to lift 50lbs into a car trunk
- Christopher O'Toole
- Principal Consultant & Team Lead
- 091 706713
- Connect with ChristopherLinkedINEmail