- Ensure credit and collections are maintained to the highest standard
- People management
- Ensure adequate training and coaching is available when applicable to meet staffing requirements
- Effectively handle customer queries / escalations
- Agree customer payment plans
- Agree and maintain proper credit limits on customer accounts
- Liaise with DCA’s and legal counsel when applicable
- Assist colleagues as the business demands
- Prepare weekly / monthly and quarterly reports
- Assume control of the department in the absence of the credit manager
- To represent the company on appropriate industry bodies and official meetings as required
- To review accounts periodically with Credit controllers and Sales Management
- Manage customer rebate process.
- Liaise with the Business Process Team to identify and lead projects to enhance department and wider business efficiencies.
- Develop KPI suite to drive improved performance.
- Enhance the process associated with the approval and monitoring of customer credit limits.
- Develop strong commercial relationships with key customers.
- Closely monitor the Aged Debt and ensure late fees are applied where necessary.
- 4+ years’ experience in a senior credit role, managing large teams
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business and experience with credit scoring systems preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of credit-related laws.
- Considerable experience with customer negotiations.
- Creative & innovative individual with a strong ability to identify opportunities to improve processes.
- Foodservice industry experience desirable but not essential
- Full clean B driving license.