Country HR Manager
This position serves as the leader of the HR function in Ireland by providing consistent oversight across all areas of HR. The role requires a sound level of skill and knowledge in all HR functional areas including Staffing & Recruiting, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Learning & Development, Performance Management, Talent Management, Engagement, Inclusion & Diversity, Occupational Health and HR Operations. In this position, you will act as the strategic HR advisor to managers and employees for all locations in Ireland while supporting site management at the Galway site.
- Strategic HR advisor to all the BU’s operating in the country – coach and advisor to managers, leaders and HR partners.
- Coordinates with other HR functions (HR services, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition) to effectively manage the successful delivery of professional HR support to drive the business imperatives.
- Understand BU strategies and align country HR priorities to them while balancing regional HR priorities.
- Manages and develops the country HR team
- Be the face of HR to all external bodies including regulatory authorities and government agencies.
- Strategically execute all HR initiatives, ensure consistent implementation and feedback to project owners.
- As required, participate in regional/global project teams to ensure country perspective is not overlooked.
- Ensure regular review of all country policies, processes and employee compensation & benefits to keep them aligned with internal and external trends and business needs.
- Oversight of all local vendors providing HR services in countries e.g. benefit providers
- Ensure TE is fully compliant with local regulatory requirement and labor laws
- Foster a climate of positive and productive labor relations
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and implement tools and metrics to bring in to life in the country.
- Manage the functional budget in line with agreed cost structures
Required experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree or above or equivalent experience, HR related major preferred.
- At least 8-10 years of comprehensive HR experience including leading a team.
- Experience in working in an international organization
- Substantial knowledge of applicable local employment laws and practices
- Detects internal and environmental changes and can influence relevant stakeholders to respond to those changes effectively
- Solutions mindset to deliver high level support to the business
- Continuous improvement mindset to support service to the business and reach efficiency in own team.
- Experience in working in a global or international environment
- Building effective teams
- Motivating others
- Managing and measuring work
- Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, innovation
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.