- Reference: 45887
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Kildare, Laois, Offaly
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Purpose of the Role:
To support the short and long term goals of the business by providing comprehensive costing analysis and leadership to the business.
- Responsible for the maintenance & development of accurate Product Costings and Bills of Material across all products manufactured at the production facility.
- Investigation of variances and analysis of production efficiencies to assist in root cause analysis and to partner with the Production Team to understand and deliver recommendations that drive tangible EBIT improvements.
- Support the innovation process by performing in-depth costings analysis to ensure new products are accurately and completely costed to deliver best costs for the business.
- Key influencer of commercial business cases by working with and constructively challenging operations on product costings to ensure costings are appropriate for volumes, commercially viable and operationally achievable.
- Support the annual budgets and monthly financial forecasts for the plant activities based on the production plan.
- Support the site management team identifying, building and appraising business cases to support capital investment into site
- Prepare the annual capex plan and regularly report on the execution progress. Ensure timely capitalization of new assets and identify possible idle assets
- Supporting EBITA targets by working cross functionally to identify, support and influence cost reduction and process improvement initiatives across inventory, purchasing, logistics, labour and overheads
- Perform inventory valuation and reconciliation to ensure completeness & accuracy, and ensure compliance with company policy and GAAP.
- Accountable for driving the quarterly aged stock review process and provision calculation
- Work with Finance and Operations to develop standardised reporting that meets the management / financial reporting requirements of Finance and Operations.
- The successful candidate will be customer focused and act as a liaison between Finance and Manufacturing
- At least 2 years’ experience in a cost accountant role of a FMCG/Pharma company.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- Understanding of all types of costs in the manufacturing world.
- Advanced understanding of MS Excel and other MS Office functions.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!