Video for this job
Cost Accountant position : Midlands – Permanent role.
SUMMARY : Cost Accountant position.
This position is an ideal opportunity for an experienced accountant to gain further development in the areas of Financial and Management accountancy. The position requires fundamental knowledge of accounting functions and flexibility combined with accuracy and a sound practical approach. The role will support the Costing and Manufacturing activities within the plant and will report into the Plant Financial Controller.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Reconciliation of Raw Material, WIP and Finished Goods Inventory
- Item/Cost Maintenance for Bills of Material and routings for new and existing component/finished goods
- Month end close duties supporting the Plant Controller
- Work Order status analysis and investigation involving a number of Toll manufacturing sites
- Liaising between Purchasing / Receiving and accounts payable to resolve any issues
- Support Operations Manager in the collation, analysis and preparation of manufacturing reports
- Assisting in testing, analysis and development of SOX controls and internal Procedures within the plant
- Assisting in the development of Oracle related processes for the entity
- Other general accounting duties as required
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Part Qualified / recently qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CPA
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience within a manufacturing operation
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle experience) will be advantageous
- Good analytical and numerical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a small teams
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Technical competency and analytical skills.
Good planning and organisational skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!