Our client based in Sligo has an exciting opportunity for a Cost Accountant/Production Controller for their healthcare business. The role of production controller is primarily focussed on the analysis of production costs and reporting of same to ensure the business has full visibility regarding profitability and to provide a strong platform for commercial decisions to be made.
In addition, the role is expected to provide cover for other finance activities and will have frequent interaction with production planning & operational management.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Monthly analysis of production costs & production variances in all areas of production.
- Master data maintenance/administration of routings & BOMS, ensuring current/new routings & BOMS are correctly entered in SAP.
- Provision of monthly reporting (Local/Global).
- Data creation and analysis for decision support of plant management.
- Profitability calculation for investments & production projects.
- Extract product cost data for existing and new business from SAP with regard Transfer price decisions.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the LE process.
- Supporting the improvement of the production process.
- Assist cross-functionally where finance is a key input
- Maintain and improve technical and related competency knowledge together with sharing this expertise with colleagues.
- Adhoc duties where required.
- Relevant Accounting qualification.
- Knowledge of SAP particularly CO & PP modules.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a small team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to advise & influence.
- Good organisation skills, attention to detail and accuracy
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins.