Excellent opportunity to join an award winning multinational organisation in a key dynamic role within their Finance team. This is a rare opportunity to join an experienced team with little or no attrition. The role would ideally suit a qualified Accountant with Cost Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment. Reporting to the Financial Controller the successful candidate will lead all aspects of cost accounting, including setting up standard costs annually for budgets & planning in a multi-product environment.
Please get in touch for more details and a confidential discussion – Tel: 021 4911062 or email email@example.com
About the role:
- Establishing forecasts and estimating standard costs based on new product introductions (both medium and long-term horizon); and reporting on standard to actual variances in terms of volume, spending / overhead, efficiency and usage. You will lead all aspects of cost accounting, including setting up standard costs annually for budget / planning in a multi-product environment; establishing forecast / estimate standard costs based on new product introductions (both medium and long-term horizon); and reporting on standard to actual variances in terms of volume, spending / overhead, efficiency and usage.
- Responsible for reporting on inventory and reserves at each month end and ensuring these are correctly recorded in the financial statements. Co-ordinating the material review meetings with site Supply Chain and driving resolution on product adjustments.
- Review inventory and spare part counts and reporting on the accuracy of count results.
- Manage successive product waves through the system to ensure the financials are set up in a timely manner to avoid any delays in product movement.
- Develop models to identify areas of cost saving for the organisation. Working in cross functional groups to drive improvements across the site.
- Ensure that all existing policies are adhered to, all changes are implemented in a timely manner and systems are optimised, while adhering to strict corporate internal controls.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts together with the finance team, which are issued to Corporate, both in terms of Manufacturing reporting and entity reporting requirements.
- Develop of the Latest Best Estimate rolling forecasts to ensure any production variances from budgets are accurately projected.
- Be the Subject matter expert for SAP functional area – issue identification, along with possible solutions for resolution
- Liaise with SAP functional Global Key User and SAP Operations team
What an ideal candidate looks like:
- Full professional Accountancy qualification – ACA, CIMA or ACCA equivalent
- 2-5 years relevant industrial accounting experience, preferably within a large multi-national environment.
- Extensive cost accounting experience in a multi-product environment is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the role of coordinating all aspects of Financial accounting, i.e. month-end reporting, adhering to strict corporate internal controls, working with internal / external auditors, etc. US GAAP, IFRS and SOX experience would be an advantage.
- SAP experience would be an advantage
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!