We have a rare job share opportunity for a Cost Accountant with one of the leading multinational manufacturers in Cork. In this role you would be responsible for financial planning, reporting and analysis, supporting New Product introduction & Materials Purchasing but could focus on other aspects of the business in the future, subject to business requirements. This is a job share position with a 19.5-hour working week. 12-month contract, based on the south side of Cork city.
Interviews to take place promptly so please get in touch for more details or a confidential discussion.
Overview of responsibilities (full job spec available on request):
- Financial Reporting, monthly Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet under US GAAP, related financial analysis (taxation, treasury, balance sheet etc), reconciliation of US GAAP to local Statutory book, ad hoc reporting / corporate analysis requests, maintenance & development of the Hyperion reporting software
- External statutory reporting requirements, including CSO, IDA etc.
- Management Accounting: Participation in the Management accounting close process, variance analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, analytical reviews and reporting. Be an active participant in the site Budgeting & Forecasting Processes, with responsibility for data gathering.
- Site Financial Analyst for the Materials Process: Materials Std Cost Setting & BOM Analytics during Annual Operating Plan, PPV Analysis & Forecasts, Out of cycle component cost approvals, VIP review and approvals
- End-to-end management of the of the New Products Spend Process, ensuring all relevant information is being communicated to key stakeholders. Responsible Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Corporate forecasting submissions, R&D Tax Credit and Grant Submissions. Ensures correct classification of project spend Opex, Capex & Period Expense. Management of accruals for all active projects
- Business Partnering - primarily in relation to New Products
- Work collaboratively with BU to develop a real and active partnership between Finance and the Business.
- Partner with BU & Core Teams at Cork, understand the business needs, support their requirements in terms of Management Information and develop their understanding & ownership of Core Metrics & Internal Controls;
- Provide analytical and interpretive support to operations management; Hold weekly/monthly reviews to drive performance; Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Responsible for reporting of progress on New Product, Capital & Materials VIP’s. Play active support role in identifying, supporting and reporting new VIP’s.
- Project Work; ad hoc project management & implementation as required (e.g. Value improvement projects, system upgrades & developments, continuous automation
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 2-5 years PQE in Financial Planning & Analysis within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Well organised, self-motivated person with the ability to operate on their own initiative
- Attention to detail & ability to cope with complex and high volume workload
- strong leadership & influencing skills and technical expertise
- Highly adaptable solution-orientated with strong lean/CI track record
What you will get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Pension contribution
- 19.5 hour working week
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien.