- Reference: GJ46113 p
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Cost Accountant required with 3 to 5 years management accounting experience in a manufacturing environment. Contract. Galway
- Financial control and management of manufacturing business units, including revenue, costs, inventory and headcount.
- Continuous investigation and explanation of financial results for business units in area of responsibility.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly reports within agreed deadlines.
- Support business unit leaders in understanding product costs and driving improvement in product margins.
- Manage financial control and reporting of inventory in conjunction with Supply Chain function, including accounting, valuation, and obsolescence management.
- Provide input and financial support to cross-functional task teams in achieving site objectives.
- Prepare costing analysis in support of new products, or new business proposals.
- Prepare and present information for the site budgeting process.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts for business units in area of responsibility.
- Provide financial justification for proposed capital expenditure.
- Review the reconciliation and maintenance of key balance sheet control accounts.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the efficiency and contribution of the Finance function.
- Fully Qualified Accountant.
- 3 to 5 years hands-on management accounting experience in a complex and fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Must have knowledge and experience of management accounting systems, and be capable of effectively interfacing with various levels and functions within the organisation.
- Strong Excel skills are necessary, and knowledge of Oracle Financial systems an advantage.
Collins McNicholas were honoured to attend the CIPD HR Awards in the Intercontinental Hotel, Ballsbridge on Friday 16th February last as these awards celebrate and reward outstanding achievements in people management and development, honouring the valuable contribution that HR and L&D make to the success of every organisation. What a wonderful lunch event it was […]read whole article
Question I have just taken on my first senior management role, after moving to another engineering firm. I am really enjoying the role. However, I’m in my 30s and a lot of the staff that I manage are older and have been with the company for longer than I have. Some of these staff […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more