- Reference: LK46784
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick, Tipperary
- Category: Bio-Pharmaceutical
Corporate Communications and Marketing Specialist
Our client offers a unique, world-class opportunity for interested candidates. Consistently ranked a “Top Employer” in Science Magazine’s rankings for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies its subsidiary in Ireland, and is looking for outstanding people who are excited by a start-up environment, recognise the opportunities that this offers and wants to be challenged.
Responsibilities – not limited to
- Partner with site leadership and provide strategic counsel and tactical support for leader communications.
- Partner with key stakeholders/members to provide communications direction and guidance; assist and manage completion of deliverables to support enterprise and client department goals.
- Work with Corporate Communications team in Tarrytown and Rensselaer to inform employees of news and events; engage and motivate employees so that they understand and support the company’s business objectives; reinforce the company culture.
- Conceive, research and write stories on local initiatives, activities and events for intranet. Story topics should support business objectives and sustain the company’s unique culture.
- Ensure corporate messages are appropriately timed, rolled-out, cross-linked and coordinated between all communication channels in all locations.
- Act as Project Manager for larger corporate, IOPS or site communications campaigns, rollouts, initiatives and events.
- Reinforce the brand /brand promise/mission/vision/values, and IOPS Success Factors through the development of internal visual displays.
- Publish/post approved content (news stories, announcements, calendar updates, photos, etc.) to RON IOPS Renn and IOPS local pages
- Work with site leadership team to develop and implement programs to promote good will and foster positive relationships with local communities. Recommend actions to maintain and grow positive reputation in the community, including developing new opportunities initiatives, or events
- Lead in the Community (RIC) program and coordinate initiatives such as Days for Doing Good and National Volunteer Week for the local site. Lead and coordinate approved STEM related activities such as participation at local science fairs and festivals
- Collaborate with employee-volunteer champions to foster an empowered and sustainable volunteer leader base within.
- BA/BS in communications, journalism or related field.
- Ideally 7+ years experience in corporate communications in a large organisation, community relations or other associated experience.
- Internal communications experience within an agency or company in a regulated industry is preferred.
- A results-oriented, collaborative style. Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and proven ability to navigate within a matrix organization.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Demonstrated ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating copy for global employee base; experience interviewing and writing news/newsletter/internet content.
- Proficient in Sharepoint, Word and photo editing software.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of video and digital tools for storytelling, content sharing.
If you wish to discuss this role in confidence please do not hesitate to call David Fitzgibbon on 061 512270