CONTROLS ENGINEER - Midlands
A global market leader in their field, operating 120 countries worldwide, providing leading solutions and deploying ground-breaking technologies to enable performance and sustainability that are crucial for the global energy industry.
We have a new, exciting opportunity for an Engineer with a Controls or Electronic background to join a global team in the Midlands. You will work as part of the New Technology (R&D) department where you will gain extensive experience in all aspects of the design of devices related to power generation, flow controlling, metering, control systems, instrumentation and actuated devices. This challenging and exciting role combines the application of Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical, Software & Control Engineering principles.
YOUR SUCCESS IS IN YOUR HANDS.
As part of a focused team, the primary responsibility is to engineer a product from conception through to qualification and launch. A systematic approach, using the tooling available via Phase Gate processes are utilized within the group. The job will involve co-operation with manufacturing department, industrial engineering, product management, vendors, and the Cameron customer base, on a global basis.
TAKE ON REAL RESPONSIBILITY.
Responsibilities will include the generation of specifications and BOM’s, software & hardware development, and the review of customer specifications and any other duties as requested by your supervisor / manager. The role will also extend to reviewing vendors product offering, to access their suitability for inclusion within our product range. Full qualification plans will need to be drafted, and assessment of deviations from requirements will need to be dispositioned. The overall role is very broad and exciting with exposure to pricings, sales targets, budgets and marketing also and travel abroad can be included.
REQUIREMENTS / ROLE OVERVIEW
- Electronic /Controls/ Mechatronics
- Working knowledge of Embedded C programming, LABVIEW, APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT, PLC and SCADA systems
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Qualification testing of Control systems
- A 2.1 Honours Degree / PhD/Masters in Electronics Engineering, Mechatronic or Control Engineering or a near equivalent discipline is preferred.
- Circuit Design & Schematic Capture (desirable)
- In-depth Experience of CANbus, Modbus, Ethernet protocols (desirable)
- A good understanding of engineering physics
- Project management skills and attention to detail are important skills for the position.
- A good understanding of Hazardous environments and power applications (desirable)
** Very competitive salary on offer with the flexibility of hybrid option to work from home part of the week. **
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson.