Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Control & Instrumentation Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Bringing new levels of automation to the plant and maximising the utilisation of existing systems.
- Designing and deploying leading edge solutions (proven experience is essential)
- The automation of systems to reduce or remove physical interventions and improve safety.
- Problem solving, data modelling and project management would all be key elements of the position.
- Future-proofing existing Process Controls Infrastructure (DCS, PLCs and advanced instrumentation).
- Identifying, developing and deploying cyber protection solutions to all automation infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree and in excess of 5 years post graduate experience in an engineering/design capacity in a Chemical or Pharmaceutical related industry.
- Natural problem solver with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proven ability to work safely
- Excellent communication / interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic with the ability to integrate quickly into a team environment and work on own initiative
- Self- starter, motivated.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270