Our client based in Mayo has an immediate vacancy for a Contracts Manager to join their Contracts Team. The company is a complete end to end solutions provider involved in the design, build, operation and maintenance of water and wastewater assets & infrastructure in the municipal (Local authority), Industrial (Food and Beverage/Dairy/Pharmaceutical) markets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project manage all aspects of water and wastewater pumping and treatment installations primarily focused on Mechanical/Electrical/ICA requirements with minor civil works included.
- On Contract award, review tender submissions and develop plan for contract delivery.
- Take the lead on Contract Design, considering innovative solutions and opportunities for off- site manufacture.
- Lead & mentor a team of engineers in the delivery of new & existing contracts.
- Oversee commercial matters arising during Contract delivery – from supporting Project engineers with procurement from supply chain, negotiating subcontracts to managing commercial matters with Clients.
- Monitoring Project programmes for multiple contracts.
- Co-ordinating regular Contract review meetings with the contracts Team.
- Ensuring monthly invoicing targets are been achieved.
- Creating project programme and ensuring that all required project interfaces are allowed for, from design to final site commissioning & handover.
- Liaising & co-ordinating all works with the Client and relevant stakeholders.
- Management of all site labour including subcontractors.
- Ensuring projects are completed safely, on time and within budget.
- Writing engineering reports, reviewing method statements and commissioning schedules.
- Ensuring procedures are in place which facilitate the safe delivery of Contracts.
Skills / Attributes:
- Proven experience & ability to manage, mentor and improve team members.
- Proficiency in PC skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
- Experience in mechanical & Electrical design and ability to review and interpret specifications.
- Experience and knowledge of various process designs in the Water & Wastewater Treatment sector.
- Proven track record in delivery of projects with a mechanical & electrical focus.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and waste water Industry.
- Proven experience in delivery of projects with strong emphasis on H & S.
- Third level Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering degree/Diploma
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Chris O Toole
091 706 713