Continuous Improvement Specialist | Hybrid | Permanent Role
Fantastic new opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to work as part of a well-established medical device manufacturing company in the Midlands, this is a permanent position with a hybrid working model in place allowing 3-4 days working from home.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will work as part of the Global Operations Continuous Improvement team across multiple sites and travel will be required to these sites where necessary. Reporting to the Director of Continuous Improvement, you will be responsible for improving operations and processes across the organization through the focused deployment of Lean manufacturing improvement tools and techniques as well as Six Sigma to achieve results in alignment with business objectives.
- Employ continuous improvement methodologies and tools that directly improve the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Engagement (SQDCE) business results for Global Operations
- Lead, facilitate or enable others to execute continuous improvement events including, but not limited to WorkOut, Kaizen and workshops.
- Lead or enable others to execute activities such as process flow, value stream mapping, standard work, etc., to reduce waste and cycle times, improve flow and productivity for critical workflows.
- Work with process-owners towards results orientation, problem-solving, improvement tool selection and data analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with plant and functional resources to identify opportunities, engage participation and execute upon opportunities to meet shared goals.
- Exercise project management skills towards improvement delivery and results and manage the relationship between improvement teams and stakeholders
- Assist in the advancement of Lean training, and in the broader understanding and use of daily Lean management and use of Lean Tools.
- Drive and embody a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Perform any other related duties as required
- Work within formal systems, such as cGMP, ISO, CE to ensure that new processes or process improvements are in conformance with compliance requirements.
Essential / Desired Criteria:
- Level 8 Bachelor’s Degree is essential, preferably in Engineering, Life Science or Business
- Lean / Six Sigma Certifications is preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or cGMP experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in a similar role is desired
- Valid Passport
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Ranait Coughlan
(090) 6450664 (01) 66 200 88