Our client, a leader in the manufacturing industry is looking to hire a Continuous Improvement Manager to join their operations team. This is a key position within the Management Team, which is responsible for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across the site. This role will drive a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver significant business transformation. The role is full time-permanent and is based in Waterford City. This role would ideally suit someone who has a background in lean engineering and/or manufacturing.
- Drive operational excellence throughout the plant initiating, driving, and implementing CI projects
- Roll out strategic Lean plans and processes, as defined by the company Hoshin Kanri.
- To identify and eliminate Muda in a formal, organised manner utilising recognised problem-solving tools.
- To generate significant efficiency and financial gains in the business processes.
- To act as a trainer for the development of personnel and processes.
- To identify and develop team activities across the plant to encourage sustainable change and empowerment of personnel
- Participate and drive Lean Continuous Improvement teams
- Present and report project status updates to the SMT (Senior Management Team) and the Executive team in Belgium on a regular basis
- Manage a team of Continuous Improvement Specialist(s)
Key Skills & Requirements
- Formal Lean / Six Sigma qualification required. Min Green Belt level
- 3rd Level Qualification in Lean, Industrial Engineering, and/or Quality
- 5+ years of industry experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Minitab experience would be advantageous
- ‘Train the Trainer’ qualification would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills are a must.
For more information or even a private discussion please contact Ryan Blackett.