Continuous Improvement Engineer required to join a passionate and high performing team at a potent active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturing plant in Sligo.
As Continuous Improvement Engineer, you will drive process improvement across our API manufacturing department in our pharmaceutical processing facility. You will lead projects in operational excellence initiatives with cross-functional teams on yield, process and equipment improvements. Our client will offer you a defined career path and the opportunity to join a professional and talented team in a varied and valued role.
- Provide engineering support to all manufacturing related issues. Tasks include document/procedure and process streamlining/updates.
- Support and implement compliance initiatives.
- Develop inter-departmental communication & planning for operational excellence projects.
- Measure/Track Department metrics.
- Support NPI processes.
- Champion operational excellence within the department to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Facilitate and track progress of departmental CIPs, mentor/coach project leads to ensure project milestones are achieved.
- Ensure department maintains implemented processes and tools e.g. 6S, tier boards etc.
- Attend regular OpEx governance meeting to discuss progress and identify opportunities for future improvement.
- Adhere to and supports all EHS standards, procedures and policies.
- A relevant third level degree in engineering/science with suitable experience in Industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in batch processing operations in an FDA/ HPRA regulated industry. A strong knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry is required for this role.
- Must be results-driven to meet all targets and metric standards as set by site/department and division leaders.
- Proven technical knowledge with ability to overcome unforeseen issues or challenges.
- Total commitment to quality and maintaining a high standard of work at all times.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements.
- Innovative thinking, where new and untested solutions are proposed, demonstrated and implemented.
- High level of attention to detail and mental concentration, to ensure accuracy and total compliance with procedures at all times.
Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required for the execution of this role
This role offers a very competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
For more details, please feel free to contact me to discuss.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org