Continuous Improvement Engineer
To drive the performance of Board Plant operations in all aspects of daily performance KPI’s.
- Achieve and exceed Performance Targets Metrics
- 50% of EWO Step 2 closeouts
- Focused savings to achieve Availability gain.
- Identify plant losses through the collection, stratification and analysis of data to facilitate and contribute to the cost deployment process
- Identification of focussed improvement project selection
- Produce an annual plan to attack identified losses
Plant operating standards (Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality)
- Ensuring highest levels product quality control are met, including: assisting in improved product quality checks; aid in the design of quality procedures; product identification and classification; an investigation into customer complaints and subsequent actions
- Ensure plant KPI targets are achieved daily
- Diagnosing all line stops through the EWO process, ensuring appropriate/rigorous corrective and preventive actions are implemented for downtime events.
- Weekly input and priority planning for maintenance items in scheduled maintenance with the Maintenance planning team.
- Assist with mechanical, electrical, automation and process improvements through working with relevant departments daily.
Continuous improvement/WCM activity
- Drive Focussed Improvement projects and activities on your line in line with site objectives and the annual plan, and any identified ‘pillar initiatives’
- Assist in energy reduction through FI process & site energy wcm pillar team
- Aid with EWO process, including human error analysis, attacking losses within the plant and strive to eliminate human error
- Ensure development and integration of Standard Operating Procedures (including safe ops) to drive consistent performance
- Develop new AM / PM activity on the line, in conjunction with the Maintenance & Boardplant management.
- Use and promote the use of the correct WCM Tools – Advance, Major, Standard and Quick Kaizan, tagging.
- Assist in the development of the SCADA process in conjunction with the plant’s automation road map
- In collaboration with Process Engineers and other relevant individuals, contribute to recipe development.
Driving the team
Foster a high-performance team environment through engagement, buy-in and contribution by:
- Identification and development of key skills and behaviours within the team against defined job/skills matrices
- On-going coaching and development of individual team members
- Communicating and driving team performance against identified targets and objectives
- Giving constant feedback to the team and individuals and engaging/encouraging two-way communication
- Degree or Relevant Qualifications
- MS Office
- Project Management
- Lean / Six Sigma
Specific Work Experience
- Demonstrable experience in a performance improvement role in a similar lean/WCM working environment.
- Demonstrable project mgt execution and delivery
- Ability to influence
- Confident in delivering improvement proposals and recommendations
- Team player internally and externally
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the BP and prioritise
- Adaptable, flexible and forward thinker
- Good IT and report writing skills / effective communicator
- Proven people mgt skills
- Results-driven with demonstrable achievements of KPIs
- Proven Practical Problem solving skills
For more information or a confidential discussion on the role, please contact David Lennon