A prominent medical device company is currently searching for a skilled Component Engineer for its Tipperary-based site. As a Component Engineer, you will work as part of the Supplier Capacity team in selecting, developing, qualifying, commercializing, and optimizing new and existing suppliers to grow component capacity within its medical device businesses.
- Assess new and existing suppliers for technical and manufacturing capabilities.
- Identify critical to quality requirements for components used to build vessel closure products and translate these requirements into specification and test procedures
- Work with suppliers to validate new and improved processes
- Work with suppliers and incoming inspection laboratories to develop, validate and improve inspection methods
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure supply, quality, and timelines are not impacted
- Monitor supplier performance and provide technical support to resolve issues
- Identify process improvements related to component usage or design
- Implement changes under the Abbott change management system
Education and Job Skills
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 4+ years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experienced in executing validation of equipment or processes, including preparation of protocols and reports
- Prior experience in medical devices or related industries is highly desirable, though not essential
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize your daily workload to meet project schedules under general supervision.
- Green belt certification or experience in using a structured problem-solving approach is highly desirable.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kevin Griffin