An exciting opportunity for an experienced Component Engineer to join a leading Medical Device company based in Clonmel, Tipperary on a permanent contract. This will be a days role and will be based on-site 5 days a week.
Drives improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers. Provides technical support in the selection of suppliers. Develops acceptance criteria for materials. Monitors supplier performance to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures. Project focus, specifically on cost and risk reductions.
- Establishes incoming inspection and test procedures and provides technical support to manufacturing to resolve material or supplier related issues. Develops new supply sources with purchasing team and qualifies components to specified parameters.
- Assess potential new suppliers for technical and manufacturing capabilities. Provides technical support for the introduction of components from a new supplier.
- Manages projects to reduce material costs or reduce material supply risks. Works with Receiving Inspection group to improve inspection processes where applicable.
- Leads on Process Improvement teams relating to component usage or design.
- Reviews material specification releases and revisions as required. Investigates field failures related to supplier materials. Develops corrective action plan where necessary.
- Will manage/participate in teams to conduct business risk assessments and develop action plans to reduce or eliminate risks.
- (Experience/Education) National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline and 2+ years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- (Job Skills) Working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures. General understanding of business unit/group function. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in non-compliance with governmental regulations.
- (Influence/Leadership) Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an extensive external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks. May lead a project team of moderate scope. Provides guidance to less experienced staff. Acts as a mentor to lower level individual contributors. Influence exerted at peer level and occasionally at first levels of management.
- (Decision Making/Impact) Exercises authority and judgment within defined limits to determine appropriate action. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in programme schedules and may result in the allocation of additional resources.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.