Overview of Main Responsibilities:
- Maintain subject matter expertise on company policies and procedures associated with Travel, Meetings and employee expense reporting, as well as relevant activities related to Health Care Professionals.
- Maintain subject matter expertise on all transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing processes
- Actively oversee compliance monitoring
- Liaise with marketing, brand teams, sales, and research organizations to understand the transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing touchpoints with their programs and suppliers
- Liaise with other meetings teams when our joint efforts are required on a project or program
- Network with procurement on meetings-related service providers (content companies, etc) that are outside the scope of transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing services
- Serve as Privacy Steward for transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing to proactively assure that Privacy is emphasized in the transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing businesses, including vendors activities
- Influence global and local leadership in the formulation of policies and procedures that directly or indirectly impact transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing Influence internal and external parties to implement recommended changes
- Support the realization of the Global Business Solutions vision
- Sets objectives which are clearly defined and focused, for self and others
- Ability to influence and gain credibility with clients
- Facilitates alignment, resolves conflict and overcomes resistance
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external partners
Process Monitoring and Improvement:
- Ensure proper compliance steps and controls are built into the transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processes
- Schedule walkthroughs of process flowcharts, SOPs, job aids, policies, procedures and communications to ensure they are up-to-date
- Conduct compliance self-assessments of transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense services, including privacy
- Introduce continuous monitoring steps that help the company effectively detect and correct inaccurate or incomplete compliance data
- Participate in/sponsor process improvement initiatives
- Monitor and network with business units and research organizations to integrate compliance and regulatory changes into our transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing
- Monitor and network with payment reporting teams to integrate new HCP payment reporting needs into our transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing and to ensure consistent, timely and accurate reporting to meet varying requirements.
- Network with tax to integrate new tax reporting requirements into our transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing
- Monitor and audit processes to ensure compliance reporting controls are in place and effective. Adapt processes, SOPs and job aids to accurately reflect and comply with all changes in processes
- Develop and implement strategic and tactical programs to consolidate and integrate transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense processing for compliance reporting purposes
- Manage projects to implement best in class practices at the local, regional and/or global level
- Liaise with Compliance and Ethics to maintain awareness of changing business needs
- Adapt processes, SOPs and job aids to accurately reflect and comply with all changes in processes
- Liaise with IT to ensure successful implementation of necessary changes to the tools to enable accurate reporting
- Understand all relevant data, systems, policies / procedures, and reporting requirements for Travel, Meetings and EERS
- Leverage compliance expertise to formulate and champion changes to business processes and systems, as deemed necessary
- Know and understand the cross-functional business processes that involve HCP’s and touchpoints with the GTMS process
- Develop knowledge of systems involved in transparency, travel, meetings or expense processing to support data analysis and inquiry needs (e.g., SAP, CONCUR, CPS, Mercury, Consolidated Reporting)
- Facilitate the collection, management, and analysis of data from our transparency, travel, meetings, and employee expense agencies
- Manage inquiries from internal and external customers and manage issue resolution
- Firmly support processes and ensure that compliance exceptions are not granted unless proper approval is received and documented
- Monitor and track open issues and drive issues to closure
- Demonstrated experience in compliance or audit disciplines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of data and draw conclusions
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated business acumen; good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Communications skills – written and verbal as well as interpersonal
- Demonstrated ability to influence individuals at all levels of the Company
- Enjoy communicating processes and policies to internal customers and management
- Comfortable with crucial conversations when non-compliance is discovered
- Must be productive in a flexible and constantly changing environment
- Ability to travel to support global supplier
Create, Promote and Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Actively work in partnership with various cross-functional stakeholders (internally & externally) to maintain effective relationships and ensuring efficient and compliant processes.
- Ensure the culture of compliance is reinforced continuously within the team.
- Continuously look for and or lead where possible continuous improvement initiatives including standardization and/or re-engineering of processes and controls.
- Drive for results and ensure best practices are in place to achieve highest standards within daily operations.
- Drive cross-functional projects where opportunity arises.
- Demonstrate excellent project management abilities and strong understanding of financial systems.
- Analyse and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights to drive decision making.
- Proven ability to work on high-level value-add ad hoc projects while continuing to achieve routine goals
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of company or industry related experience in Finance, Compliance, or Financial Controls Auditing
- Experience in MS Office
- Proficiency in data analysis tools (ACL, Tableau, etc)
- Demonstrate a strong compliance-oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture along with the relevant training materials & tools
- Familiarise with all applicable legislation to ensure that all internal policies and procedures are in compliance the relevant legislation
- Assist with the investigation and management of potential instances of non-compliance with company and external legislative policies & procedures
- Ensure robust reporting on the progress and resolution of compliance issues, including escalation to Compliance Officer/Senior Management/internal or external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Actively work with internal & external regulatory authorities to build effective working relationships
- Positive collaborating with the management team to identify solutions to legal, Employee Relations, data compliance and privacy issues.
- Demonstrate excellence in all interactions with company internal customers/business partners
- Demonstrate a strong Continuous Improvement oriented approach & help to build a strong Continuous Improvement culture
- Actively work to ensure an increasing level of efficiency in achieving the required legislative compliance
- Ability to handle complexity and utilize analytical skills, with attention to detail & a risk-based solution-oriented approach
- Effectively prioritize and complete key tasks and deliverables whilst also engaging others to achieve their deadlines towards compliance & change initiatives
- Communicate effectively & influence across all levels and disciplines of the organisation
- Ability to maintain a very high level of confidentiality
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien on 021-4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org