Compliance Officer - Galway
The Compliance Officer will report to the CEO and this leadership role ensures compliance with GCIL’s regulatory and governance requirements and with all requirements stipulated in HSE Contracts and agreements.
- Update and manage GCIL policies and procedures for all regulatory, legislative, and compliance requirements, e.g., Charity Regulator, Data Protection, Employment Law, Health, and Safety
- Support the Senior Leadership Team [SLT] by providing concise management systems to ensure compliance with HSE contracts
- Support the Board of Directors and the SLT in the management of legislative requirements and Health & Safety
- Manage the GCIL Risk Registers in conjunction with the SLT
- Regularly review company procedures, practices, and documents to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Maintain and update the Risk Management Policies
- Develop the annual risk, governance, and compliance work programme.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in compliance/regulatory/quality/legal field.
- Extensive knowledge of compliance requirements and standards relevant to the not-for-profit sector, ideally in the healthcare area, is desirable but not essential.
- Highly motivated, ability to work on one’s own initiative, combined with exceptional organisational skills to deliver to exacting timelines.
- Good judgment, with strong attention to detail and a proven track record in producing high quality concise outputs.
- A high level of confidentiality is expected for this role.
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written, with a proven ability to present clearly and guide/mentor at all levels in the organisation.
- A team player, who provides strong positive leadership by example, with an ability to persuade, influence and manage colleagues to achieve the organisations goals.
- Garda clearance and excellent references.
- A working knowledge of a relevant QMS is desirable as the role will evolve to introduce and manage a QMS system.
- Computer literate, e.g., all aspects of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, etc.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.