- Reference: 46999
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin South, Leinster
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
My client, a Government funded organisation based in Dublin City Centre, are seeking to recruit a Compliance Manager to join their team. Reporting directly to the Director of Compliance, Audit and Risk you will be responsible for the operational management of the compliance function. You will be ivolved in influencing the strategic direction of the function and working collaboratively with a series of stakeholders.
- Assume responsibility for key elements of the management of the compliance function including but not limited to team management, service provider case management, and data collation/analysis.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of existing practices and procedures and implementing the appropriate improvements/changes as required.
- Conduct further investigation at service provider level from information available e.g. audit findings, audited financial statements etc. Ability to review individual visit data with a view to calculating the financial impact of the visit findings.
- Ensure a clear understanding on all aspects of the compliance function as it evolves
- Development of service offer(s) which will prioritise and define requirements and assist in the planning and design of the unit going forward
- Plan, design and ensure that all compliance visits are carried out in an efficient and effective manner which meets the evolving needs of the business
- Develop appropriate reports using risk analysis and exception reporting on a weekly/monthly basis
- Implement month-end procedures to ensure all data is reviewed and collated regularly
- Analysis and interpretation of the data and identification and reporting of any negative financial implications from a public accountability perspective.
- Participate in and conduct ongoing reviews of the compliance function to monitor performance and identify any timely remedial action required
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by conducting year-end reviews
- Ensure the unit is fit for purpose in competency and practice
- Positively influence the team whilst maintaining momentum and motivation under pressure
- Ensure that all staff adhere to standards and procedures
- Prior Experience of managing staff
- Strong financial skills
- Self-driven with a proven track record of achievement and ability to guarantee quality and accuracy
- Evidence of the production of high quality reports and written materials
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, programme databases, SharePoint portals
- Relevant accountancy qualification / Membership of relevant Accountancy body
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton on 090 64 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!