This role is based in a dynamic and innovative organization going through an exciting growth phase. They have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and enjoy being around other techie, outgoing individuals then check out the details below and apply now.
As a Compliance Specialist/Engineer, you will have multiple opportunities to gain real world experience by being involved in day-to-day events and workplace projects. The purpose of the role is to support the Head of Compliance by implementing the compliance plan and framework. You will be trained on the appropriate tools, language, and documentation required. This position is based in Ireland.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop domain and systems knowledge to best assist IT and other departments in security and compliance best practices.
- Development and implementation of the Data Protection Framework and annual Data Protection Plan to support adherence to the USA and EU General Data Protection Regulations.
- Provide practical, accurate and timely advice to the business on appropriateness and effectiveness of data protection controls, application of rules, policies and procedures.
- Participate on new business initiatives, ensuring that relevant GDPR considerations and resulting risks, are part of all strategic planning discussions, and decisions.
- Provide and assist with solutions to regulatory changes and requirements
- Complete RFP responses from customers and create develop and maintain a knowledge base for answering RFP questions accurately and efficiently.
- Define and collect metrics related to IT infrastructure and make these available to customers in a customer safe format where applicable.
- Act as contact point and co-operate with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner and other EU Privacy Authorities.
- Act as point of contact for data subjects when exercising their individual data rights.
- Oversee the data incident response and data breach notification procedures.
- Promote a positive data protection culture and awareness through the development and roll out of appropriate and tailored communication training for staff and third-party providers.
- Champion and promote a positive customer culture in all engagements.
- Ensure t is he organization is aware of and complies with Data Protection law, best practice and any case precedents, interpreting law changes into practical policies and procedures. In turn promote good Data Protection working practices and regulatory compliance and work with legal representation where applicable.
- Design and maintain incident and breach/data loss management processes.
- Development and implementation of the Compliance Framework and annual Compliance Plan to support adherence to both Irish & USA regulatory requirements.
- Identify, test and improve controls on the confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal data.
- Be a point of contact for enquires from Customers and Prospects regarding data subject access requests, providing them with appropriate advice and guidance. Ensure that data subject access requests are responded to within prescribed timescales
- Adhere to Data Protection practices and legal documentation and provide support where required (RFA's, MSA's, DPA's and Processor Clauses).
- Extensive experience with operational application of data regulatory requirements and/or EU privacy law, including the GDPR.
- Proven experience of implementation of regulatory compliance, data protection and corporate governance framework.
- Degree in Relevant Field or Equivalent Experience.
- 3+ years in a previous compliance position.
- Must be self-motivated but also work as part of a team with great people skills.
- Promote a team culture that represents our company values through understanding, demonstration and recognition and promote collaboration within team and other teams.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and excellent written and oral communication & presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of IT software.
- Ability to problem-solve complex problems and make ethical and sound judgements based on data and comprehensive analysis.
- Strong documentation, project management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge and experience with operational application of Irish regulatory requirements and ideally a Data Protection training certification
- Knowledge of compliance certifications such as SOC2/GDPR etc
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh.