A well-known brand based in Athlone, Co. Westmeath is seeking to hire a Compliance Assistant to join their team on a permanent contract. Reporting to the Head of Compliance the successful candidate will have responsibility for a range of activities with particular emphasis on achieving the Annual Compliance Plan, continuous improvement of compliance systems and processes and support for the business to ensure awareness of applicable compliance requirements.
- Assist the Head of Compliance to ensure the successful achievement of the Annual Compliance Plan, including the completion of risk assessments, auditing, and monitoring.
- Advise the Company on applicable compliance regulations, legislation, and codes of conduct.
- Offer advice and support to colleagues on compliance regulations, legislation and codes of conduct as requested.
- Assessment of emerging regulations and new requirements.
- Ensure marketing material, non-system-generated correspondence and change requests comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and present training for employees on the applicable compliance requirements.
- Compile and respond to data access requests within regulatory time frames.
- Investigate and report any breaches within regulatory time frames.
- Assist with resolving and responding to complaints within the regulatory timeframes and in the best interests of our customers at all times.
- Responding to compliance queries within the required timelines.
- Maintain and Update Compliance Policies and Procedures
- Preparation of Management Reports/Updates.
- Professional Diploma in Compliance (LCOI).
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in fast-paced environment.
- Confidential and trustworthy
- Knowledge of regulations & the regulatory environment. In particular, knowledge of both current and upcoming regulations/codes of conduct
- Excellent MS Office, Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills.
- Experience in facilitation of meetings and/or presenting training.
- A highly organised approach to work and ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written & spoken English with exceptional listening, analytical and communication skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines & work well under pressure.
- Confident, approachable & team focused.
- Ability to ensure that compliance standards are maintained at all times.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please send your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09064 78108