- Reference: 45423
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin North, Dublin South
- Category: Legal
Company Secretary – Legal Advisor position – based in Dublin city.
Responsible for managing the full range of processes which ensure the organisation is kept fully compliant with all company legislation and regulation and keeping members of the Board fully informed of their legal responsibilities. The role is also responsible for ensuring the organsisation adheres to best practice in terms of meeting its governance requirements and coordinating access to cost efficient and effective legal advice and guidance.
– Provision of a full administration service to the Board to ensure it operates effectively and in accordance with legislative and good governance requirements
– Ensure the Board’s decisions and instructions are properly carried out and communicated;
– Co-ordination of cross company reports, collection of papers for distribution in a timely fashion, take minutes of Board meetings, post relevant information arising from this on the organisational Board
– Manage and deliver an effective induction process for new Board members and the provision of refresher training as necessary
– Record minutes of various other meetings as required
– Ensure Board requirements are dealt with effectively on an ongoing basis. Co-ordinate strategy days and other planning events for the Board and Executive as required
– Carry out corporate in-house legal work (e.g. drafting of leases) to an appropriate standard
– Provision of in-house legal advice on relevant matters
– Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment taking appropriate action to ensure the organisation is in compliance with these changes
– Translate applicable law to provide practical guidance to staff where relevant new legislation is introduced.
– Act as principal point of contact with company solicitors. Closely manage this relationship to ensure value for money in terms of advice being given. Co-ordinate the escalation of matters where necessary and responses received. Closely monitor the time and budget spent on legal advice.
– Review beneficiary grant agreements and consultant contracts on an on-going basis to ensure that organisational interests are protected at all times
– Co-ordinate with Directorates on projects requiring legal supports to ensure efficient management and governance
– Maintain and manage the company contracts register
– Ensure that all statutory compliance and filing obligations in all legal areas affecting the company are adhered to including:
- Companies Acts
- Requirements from Companies Registration Office
- Corporate Governance matters for the company and the Board
- Official Languages Act
- Ethics in Public Office, Lobbying Act
- Protected Disclosures Act
- Freedom of Information Acts, Data Protection Act
– Review and update company Governance Framework including Board Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
– Review appropriate company insurance on an annual basis to ensure appropriate cover is in place which represents value for money
– Act as central point of contact to manage the Garda Vetting Consortium ensuring this is maintained in an efficient manner cognisant of service and confidentiality obligations
– Provide assistance to the FOI and Data Protection Officer
– Assist in the production of the Annual Report
– Ensure all corporate policies on record management adhere to best practice in terms of records retention obligations
– Manage and co-ordinate re-use of Public Sector Data (guideline by Government)
– Management of complaints in line with Customer Charter and co-ordination of Appeals.
– Provide general administration support to Executive Director of Corporate Services as required
– Team management, performance/staff management and development
– Positively influence the team whilst maintaining momentum and motivation under pressure
– Allocate work and ensure effective relationships in a team-working context
– Ensure that all staff adhere to standards and procedures
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!