Title: Company Secretary
Department: Co Sec
- Our client need a highly motivated individual with the ability to perform a variety of tasks and carry out the Company Secretary’s duties under the Irish Companies Acts.
- This person will manage a varied portfolio of as Company Secretary, such as, UCITS/Non-UCITS funds, management companies, unit trusts and offshore domiciled entities.
- They will assist the team and the group corporate secretarial services team to ensure good corporate governance becomes culturally embedded.
- To ensure that the company’s legal entities are complying with laws and regulations and relevant internal rules and regulations, by:
- Organising and attending board and committee meetings and producing resolutions, minutes and the like.
- Draft minutes and prepare an action point list of the matters arising from the board meeting and forward them to the relevant client for review within ten business days of the board meeting
- Amend minutes and action point list to incorporate any changes suggested and circulate revised list to all board members and persons allocated an action point
- Ensuring all Companies Act filings and registrations are made in a timely and accurate manner for the entities. Ensure all other requirements of the Companies Acts or other relevant legislation are met.
- Maintaining corporate registers (e.g., register of directors, etc.).
- Assisting to produce powers of attorney.
- To work closely with the Group Compliance Officer and the Group Corporate Services Manager as necessary and appropriate.
- To proactively spot governance issues before they arise and to advise Senior Management on corporate governance/company secretarial matters on a regular basis.
- Notify the relevant authorities through registered agent of change in directors when applicable.
On-going Company Secretarial compliance for a varied portfolio of clients to include
- Changes to directors/secretary, registered office
- Change of Company Name
- Changes to Authorised Share Capital (increase, creation, conversion)
- Changes to Issued Share Capital (allotments, share transfers)
- Preparation and filing of Annual Returns
- Holding of Annual General Meetings and Extraordinary General Meetings
- Maintenance of Corporate Registers
- Notifications to the Financial Regulator and Offshore Authorities
- Deal with queries and requests, on a day to day basis from clients, auditors and internal staff
- To represent the Company in a professional manner and enhance the perception of the Company as client oriented, proactive and dedicated to providing a superior service.
Skills / Experience
- Extensive minute taking experience, preferably in a fund or legal environment
- Strong written communication skills with proven ability in the use of the English language
- Exceptional proofreading is required to ensure the accuracy of the documents and correspondence
- Ability to type 55 WPM
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of windows application
- Relevant experience in company secretarial positions, and have at least 3 years experience, preferably gained within a fund or legal environment
- ICSA qualified/part-qualified an advantage
- For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Blaithin O’Shea on 01 66 200 88 or email email@example.com
- For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
- Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!