- Reference: 47343
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin South, Dublin West
- Category: Marketing
My Client, a government funded organisation based in Dublin, is seeking to recruit a Communications Manager to join their City Centre based team. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a communications function that delivers effective communications support both internally and externally across a broad range of stakeholders. They will be responsible for managing all company public relations working closely with the CEO, Director of Corporate Services and the Communications Team.
- Lead and manage the communications team which has responsibility for delivering all internal and external communications activities
- Develop and implement an internal communications strategy for promoting greater staff communication and engagement.
- Develop and implement the company communications strategy, in line with the organisations’ strategic plan.
- Develop and manage the company social media strategy.
- Develop relationships with the media and act as overall gate-keeper and co-ordinator for all media queries.
- Develop and implement a number of communications policies.
- Provide communications advice and support to the Executive Management Team.
- Work closely with programme teams to develop communications strategies to support individual programme requirements.
Team management, performance/staff management and development
Manage the remit of the Communications unit to ensure a sustainable caseload for both the unit and individual officers of the unit.
Allocate work and ensure effective relationships in a team-working context.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a busy Public Relations or Communications role.
- Experience in internal communications and specifically organisation engagement and change management.
- Experience in developing and implementing external communications programmes.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly to a range of stakeholders.
- A very strong understanding, experience of and commitment to social inclusion issues and the contribution of the community and voluntar sector to local development, inclusion, equality and reconciliation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Irish political system.
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton on 090 64 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos