Our client based in Letterkenny require a Communications Manager for their expanding team. Hybrid working is an option for this role.
Some responsibilities include:
- Define, develop and oversee the delivery of a Communications Strategy and Public Relations program to align with the Companies strategic objectives.
- Be the Lead on answering and directing all media queries, drafting media materials and responses, identify and action news opportunities; promoting activities to target audiences. Oversee central clearing house for written communication materials produced to ensure consistent messaging and house-style.
- Co-ordinate specific promotional projects which includes the development and production of communication tools, the organising of launches and events, and development of communications programmes and campaigns.
- Regularly interact with senior leadership to influence strategy and negotiate decisions in relation to announcements, messaging. Work with Programme Managers to identify social media content, social media engagement tactics and execute social media campaigns.
- Development of branding and ensuring standardised promotional materials across the Organisation.
- Develop of communications Policies and Procedures to ensure best practices is in place. Provide appropriate training to staff.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, media experts. Ensure continuous monitoring of external communications environment.
- Organise spokesperson and other media training programmes.
- Produce of key corporate and cross organisational materials.
- Ensure database information of targeted audiences is kept up to date for all relevant launches and Company updates.
- Ensure media evaluation and reporting for campaigns and awareness is monitored and reported to ensure effective delivery.
- Support an Internal communications culture that accommodates an up, down and across communications flow.
- Develop and support the upkeep of the intranet: writing compelling and timely content, coordinating news and creating pages
- Develop toolkits and guidance to support better internal communications
- Help ensure staff awareness and alignment with the Company’s goals, values and external messaging, using fresh thinking and creative ideas to turn complex information into relevant, timely, engaging and impactful content for internal audiences
- Develop internal communications plans, at both strategic and tactical levels, for internal initiatives in conjunction with the head of Operations and assist with their implementation
The ideal candidate will have:
- A relevant third level qualification in Journalism, PR or Communications.
- Proven experience working in Journalism, PR or Communications function.
- The ability to build a rapport and establish positive relationships with others
- You will be required to be a flexible, motivated, self-starter who can communicate effectively and have good self-management and administration skills.
- Impactful content creator via press releases, copywriting, presentations, videos, social media sites etc
- Experience of creation of communication strategies and campaigns
- Experience in website, intranet and social media editing and content input.
- Experience with graphic design software to create attractive internal and external communications materials
- Proficiency with statistical/survey/information gathering practices and software
- Proficiency in relevant software and packages including Microsoft Office suite
- You must hold a clean, current driving license.
The closing date for applications (CV and cover letter) is Friday 21st January.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the Communications Manager role, please contact Aideen Cummins.