Video for this job
Having moved to Ireland myself from Berlin when 6 years old (yes much younger than you now!) but I may still be able to somewhat relate to your situation of moving to a new country and culture.
There is a big and growing multicultural community in Cork, which is great and I am proud and happy to say that I am a part of that. Any questions or help needed on that do not hesitate on asking questions, but now let’s focus on the job, please read below and get in touch if it looks of interest.
Great opportunity for anyone that wants to join a multicultural and diverse work environment for a permanent position. Do you have relevant customer service experience? And great attention to detail? Are you fluent in French and English? Then get in touch, I would be happy to talk with you about the role and what you are looking for in more detail.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain a workable relationship between external parties and your assigned Department.
- To ensure all issues are responded to and closed within a satisfactory period of time and ensure all necessary follow-up is done to resolve any issues.
- To use Standard Operating Procedures as a guide to the standards and practices which are to be followed by all associates in this department and discipline so that questions may be correctly answered, problems may be resolved, and compliance with all laws and company policies may be insured.
- To be willing to train and to instruct other members of the department and the operation by passing along skills and information to assist them in their development and advancement.
- To cross train and to be familiar with and competent in the performance and understanding of other functions required of the Customer Relations department and be able to fill in as required and as directed in the absence of associates who are normally responsible for those duties.
- To strive to become an independent associate, able to analyse problems and to formulate plans to overcome challenges to get work done quickly with a high degree of quality. To make sound and logical decisions and to choose appropriate courses of action based on the parameters of the situation at hand.
- To help create an ongoing effort to improve the department through personal action and by contributing ideas to support the department’s improvement effort.
- To respond sensitively to the needs and feelings of others, regardless of status or position; to accept interpersonal differences and to maintain rapport.
- To understand the department as a business and to be familiar with any profit objectives and the relationship of the department’s budgetary goals.
What skills you need to have:
- Fluent written and oral English and French.
- Out-going people-oriented personality.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment handling multiple priorities simultaneously. To be able to deal with situations of a dynamic nature; to be able to modify plans, actions and decisions in light of changing situations and circumstances.
- Perform all tasks and any other tasks as required by management in a timely manner ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Comply with policies and procedures.
- To be able to clearly express oneself; to properly use such technical factors as grammar, vocabulary, eye contact, and voice inflation.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, involved instructions; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in a form standardised situation.
- Maintain computer systems knowledge.
- To have a good working knowledge of all systems in use by Owner Services and Financial Services Departments.
- Work with all colleagues as a team, supporting the needs within that team and those of the business at all times.
- Be proactive and have a flexible approach to work, meeting the needs of the team and business at all times.
- Be a team player and an excellent communicator
- Be assertive when the situation requires it.
- Excellent organisational skills in order to manage multiple task priorities simultaneously.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy.
- To maintain confidentiality regarding all business matters
- To take a proactive approach to customer service
- To maintain a working knowledge of all product lines
- Be able to liaise effectively with all levels of clientele and levels of the organisation
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Lia Boyland by applying for the role here.
I am a recruiter that believes the candidate process should be made as easy and as clear as possible. There needs to be consistent communication of the entire recruitment process, so the candidate completely understands where they are in the process. I give full interview preparation; written and verbal before each interview, which is critical. The job searching and interview process are stressful enough, so I hope to make it that little bit easier for you.