Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commissioning Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects associated with the Commissioning of products manufactured. The products manufactured have high capital value and include electrical equipment for H.V distribution, PLC’s, controller drives and IT technology. This challenging role will require a self-motivated individual with knowledge and ability across the full spectrum of Electrical and Electronic engineering disciplines.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Acting as a company representative when on-site as a member or lead of the site/commissioning team.
- Liaise with design, production, service and Installation departments
- Commissioning in-house and after installation on site
- Commissioning, testing and handover of the equipment.
- Testing and completion of handover documentation and formalities on project completion
- Preparation and delivery of technical reports on project/job completion
- Commissioning work to include:
- Start-up, verification and optimization of hardware systems
- Calibration of Variable Speed Inverter drives up to 1Mw
- Testing, Verification and revision of PLC Software systems.
- Training of Customer personnel both on-site and in house.
- Handover and performance testing of completed machines
- Verification of machine reliability and performance.
- Degree / Diploma in an Electrical/Electronic discipline or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Start-up and Commissioning of large Industrial systems.
- Proven technical skills with hands-on experience working with industrial automation and drive systems.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270