Video for this job
Are you from West Cork or looking to relocate perhaps? Due to their continued growth and expansion a fantastic opportunity has arisen to join an ambitious indigenous organisation based in West Cork. In this role, you will be partnering with the Head of Operations to provide timely and relevant information required for the effective planning and control of the business. Our client are looking to source an energetic and versatile Accountant with a “can do” attitude and commercial mindset – this person must have the drive and ambition to develop this role and further their own career.
You will act as a key business partner, ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place and being adhered to, challenging where deemed necessary and ensuring all have a good understanding of the P&L and Balance Sheet, including the actions required to control costs and drive performance to enhance margin.
About the role:
- Development and implementation of internal controls
- People management of an Accounts Administrator along with a dotted line Credit Controller report
- Preparation of the monthly financial reports, P&L and Balance sheet
- Intercompany and bank month end reconciliations
- Cost of sales and inventory/material variance analysis
- Drive site gross margin, non-productive spend initiatives and working capital improvements
- Preparing general ledger entries and supporting documentation and reconciliation of monthly GL and subledgers
- Invoice and payroll payments
- Oversee Account Executive in ensuring customer accounts are kept up to date.
- Prepare annual budget and compare actual results
- Represent the company at supplier and customer meetings
- Preparing business plans/packages for prospective customers and negotiating with suppliers regarding Procurement, Finance etc.
- Debtor and vendor escalation point
The ideal person:
- Excellent instinct and commercial awareness coupled with a strategic mindset.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, Chartered) with 2+ years PQE.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining strong financial controls with proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels with the company.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills, ability to deliver financial data in a user friendly and relevant manner.
- Hands-on and can-do approach essential
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email email@example.com