About this Role:
The Commercial Lending Assistant Manager will be responsible for sourcing and proposing commercial mortgage applications in accordance with our clients Commercial Lending criteria and policies.
- Be part of a team focused on generating lending opportunities across Commercial Real Estate, SME and the Property Professional market within certain location parameters in Ireland (€0.25m – €7.5m)
- Collaborate with the Real Estate team who will be responsible for determining the underlying asset profile in respect of quality, risk (property & tenancy) and value
- Work closely with the Commercial Lending Underwriting team on a “deal by deal” basis to ensure all lending policies and criteria has been adhered to
- Work with the Commercial Lending Manager and other stakeholders to develop relationships with key market participants including Industry Bodies, Accountancy firms, Legal profession, Real Estate Agencies etc.
- To identify and suggest improvements & changes to lending criteria and policy as required
- To review audit findings within the Commercial Lending and underwriting team to ensure that these are being addressed with training and / or performance management
- Liaise with the internal Compliance team at regular intervals to ensure all policies and procedures are in line with current regulation
- Working with the Reporting and Management Information (MI) team to produce coherent and tailored reports regarding conversion of pipeline, performance as well as portfolio monitoring / management
- Participate in discussions / presentations with the Executive Committee, investors (both debt and equity) and Ratings Agencies amongst others
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure portfolio mix is in line with funding concentration limits
- Be a strong team player, encouraging and maintaining a high performance culture and strong customer focus to the highest professional standards
- Prepare and present credit applications to the client / Investor committee
- Business Development – working independently and as part of the wider Lending team on generating new business opportunities
- Strong relationship building with a focus on managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders of the client.
- Provide support to the Lending Manager, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Key focus on Quality Assurance and Compliance
- 3 years+ lending / underwriting / workout experience in the Commercial Lending space
- Hold a primary degree in business or related area / Meet minimum competency requirements (Qualified Financial Advisor / Approved Product Advisor)
- A demonstrated track record of performance in origination or recovery of commercial property loans
- Delivering a level of service that exceeds customer expectations.
- Establish, develop and sustain long term profitable customer relationships.
- A strong credit mind-set to ensure a high quality portfolio is established
- Good communication skills and proven track record in the development of written material in the form of reports. Have the confidence and competence to positively influence the outcome of decisions and gain commitment.
- A full appreciation of the compliance procedures and standards as well as regulation and associated legislative policy required to effectively operate within the Commercial Lending space
- High degree of knowledge of the legal and operational aspects of taking security in commercial property transactions
- Strong financial analysis skills with a proven ability to review, understand and interpret financial accounts, management accounts and budgets.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Sarah Boyle on 016620088 or email email@example.com.