- Reference: CJ46379
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Business Strategy Management
- Drive the development of robust commercial pricing models and practices
- Work with the business planning teams and operations ensuring all solution consuming resources are appropriately considered and accounted for.
- Analyse different billing models and options and be able to suggest billing mechanisms appropriate for the client and solution in question.
- Review business contracts to ensure adherence to companywide commercial policies.
- Attend client meetings/presentations and present on all commercial activity being discussed.
- Liaise with sales teams to develop and deliver companywide sales forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Assist and support the strategic planning process by delivering sales targets
Business Performance Management
- Explain the financial consequences of business decisions applying accounting techniques to plan and budget.
- Assist team members through commercial aspects of contract changes.
- Lead the production of the new sales forecasts each month for the director’s board pack.
- Assist the sales and customer services teams with contracts analysis and business process improvements to drive new business and increase renewals revenues.
- Report on the performance of the sales team and explain forecast versus actual variances.
- Engage with and support other teams relating to operational change and analysis.
- Continually develop financial analysis to provide further insight into business performance and aid in business decision making.
Business Risk Management
- Ensure that all risks to performance are considered when developing commercial responses.
- Analyse financial information to use it for business making decisions.
- Be responsible for the establishment of governance practices for the monitoring of sales and operational cost variances.
- Monitor new contracts and wins to ensure revenue forecast and tender prices are relevant and inconsistencies are noted, establish a process to resolve.
- Work in a collaborative way with the finance team ensuring all executed contracts are correctly reflected in company financial statements.
- Be involved in new business implementation activities while ensuring all project deliverables are.
- Be involved in and monitor the commercial aspects of all business decisions.
Ensure compliance with internal controls and processes.
- Monitor Salesforce and ensure relevant updates are made to correctly reflect the status of Leads and Opportunities.
- Ensure correct processes are followed in all areas of the business in order to protect and sustain revenue.
- Show a positive attitude.
- Build relationships with your peers, colleagues and manager
- Support colleagues and build the right culture
- Look out for each other.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and with clients.
- Be flexible and adapt to different situations, customers and business needs.
- Recognise the part you play in the team and contribute to its success.
- Support the development of a continuous improvement culture.
- Ensure processes are audited, reviewed and improved.
- Support innovation by developing strategies and creating opportunities to elicit new ideas from members of the business.
- Work with all departments to implement new ideas.
- Communicate changes clearly to all members of the team.
- Monitor and review continuous improvement initiatives to assess success and impact on SLAs and margin.
- Engage in and take ownership of personal development and career planning.
Desired Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Commercially strong accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified)
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Expert Knowledge of MS Excel.
- Strong communication skills
- Proven proficiency in developing business planning commercial models.
- Enjoys working in a high change environment
- Extensive experience proactively managing internal and external relationships and projects with multiple stakeholders which may at times have competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse groups including legal, sales, operations and senior management.
- Experienced with budgeting, cost estimation, financial analysis and fiscal management principles and procedures.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Planning and organising
- Motivation / Job Fit
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving / Analytic
- Professional and Technical Skills
- Customer Focused
- Proactive in relation to tasks and pricing
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael on 021 4911062 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!