Commercial Assurance Manager
Our client are currently sourcing a Commercial Assurance Manager to join their high performing team in Citywest, Dublin. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will:
- Ensure best in class affiliate commercial compliance in partnership with the Compliance Steering Committee (CSC) and where applicable, with guidance & partnership from the Office for Ethics and Compliance (OEC) on work supporting the Affiliate Ethics & Compliance Program, to support the commercial operations in Ireland.
- Provide compliance oversight on proposed affiliate programs, tactics and strategies, identifying basic legal, regulatory or other relevant issues and propose solutions to the business, informing & where necessary, consulting with OEC.
- Work in partnership with all affiliate personnel to drive a culture of high compliance and ensure all company activities are conducted within the framework of the Code of Business Conduct, the IPHA Code of Practice and applicable laws.
- Provide GDPR support to Data Protection Liaison in delivering affiliate data protection program.
- Work with both purchasing and legal teams with vendor contract management program.
Your key responsibilities in this role are to:
- Provide guidance and support to affiliate personnel on national industry codes and regional/international industry codes, government regulations and the company’s specifics policies.
- Perform compliance risk assessments, trend analyses and provides and implements best practices recommendations.
- Implement, manage and interprets compliance policies, procedures and practices.
- Create local SOPs and job aids (where applicable) to support seamless execution of activities at the affiliate level.
- Participate in Grants and Donations oversight committee and review of same.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate awareness, education and training programs that focus on the elements of the Code of Business Conduct, policies and procedures and applicable industry codes and regulations.
- Organize and maintain ethics and compliance records, documents, files and document databases.
- With oversight from OEC, facilitate and assist in the organization, preparation and execution of Affiliate Compliance Steering Committee meetings.
- Participate in local Industry group meetings, when applicable, identifying changes and trends in the external environment, communicating them to the CSC and the OEC and implementing necessary changes.
- Develop, implement, modify and oversees the execution of the Affiliate monitoring plan and program to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Lead the affiliate in compliance audits and external inspections (e.g. HPRA), , overseeing the fulfillment of auditors’ or inspectors requests, acts as liaison between business and auditors during on-site activities, evaluates and responds to all basic and routine preliminary findings and recommendations, guides the business in preparing corrective action to address basic and routine findings and recommendations, and ensures timely completion. For audits related to OEC related areas (e.g. internal compliance audit, HPRA), maintain close & clear communication with the OEC & CSC.
- With support and guidance from OEC, maintain connection and communication on topics related to ethics and compliance at Ireland Manufacturing and Operations site (for example, Code of Business Conduct awareness, Conflict of Interest resolution).
- Provide support to local Data Protection Liason (DPL) through monitoring of GDPR requirements and implementation of global data protection requirements.
- Support Purchasing program through vendor contract management
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree required in a field such as Quality, Finance, Legal or Audit or 5 to 7 years’ relevant work experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams with strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication, including fluent command of English
- Strong negotiation/influencing and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated capailities to adapt to variety of situations/scenarios and strong counseling abilities
- Customer orientation
- Ability to meet tight timelines
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships in matrixed work environment
10% of the time