An Inspiring, innovative and passionate tech-savvy Marketing Manager required for a progressive Hotel Group in Galway.
This individual will be responsible for the e-commerce, digital and local online/ offline marketing activities for 3 of our hotels in Galway city, and will need to be able to work in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment.
The Marketing Manager will have a strong commercial focus with the ability to plan and executive strategies, and analyse performance and results, to ensure delivery of set targets and objectives.
This individual will be experienced in the formulation, execution, and delivery of projects to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in people management skills. This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders in a multi-business environment.
The Marketing Manager role will be involved in the individual hotel brand development and will be responsible for the communication and application of guidelines to all stakeholders, across all online and offline platforms, and at the local hotel property level.
Experience of the hospitality or tourism industry (not essential but preferred).
Responsible for the development & execution of the marketing strategy (digital and offline) for each of the individual hotels managed by the marketing team
- Responsible for the development & execution of the individual hotels’ brand guidelines, strategy, and implementation across all three hotels.
- Marketing budget: responsible for creating and costing the Marketing budgets per individual hotel managed by the marketing team, and measurement of results vs agreed KPI’s.
- Marketing plan:
- Develop the annual marketing plans, to identify and execute marketing initiatives to support revenue objectives for bedrooms, restaurants and bars, leisure centre, meeting and events, weddings etc…
- Implementation of marketing activity plan to tight deadlines, in a cost-effective manner, and measurement of activity and ROI of results for the business.
- Creativity: working with outside creative companies to develop campaigns, ensuring all briefs for all creative work adheres to the hotel vision and brand guidelines/tone/language / imagery across all platforms, and timelines and budgets adhered to.
- Campaigns: Development of online brand promotional campaigns to support new product development, ensure timeliness to market & liaise with hotel operations teams on the cultivation of ideas and implementation of projects.
- Hotel websites:
- Maintenance of the hotel website content and booking engine and working closely with the revenue teams to maximise ROI on promotions and special offers.
- Working with external web development companies for new website design and builds.
- Assist with the setting of annual website revenue targets and the management of the hotel booking engine companies delivery on these targets.
- PPC and SEO: work with the external providers on the monthly and annual SEO & PPC strategy for each of the individual hotels managed by the marketing team.
- Responsible for assisting the MHL Group Marketing manager in the execution of the MHL Hotel collection brand guidelines, strategy and implementation across all hotels.
- Social media:
- Support business objectives through the strategic creation and delivery of content across all key social media channels including Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.
- Ensure all social media content and copy adheres to the individual hotels’ brand image and tone/language.
- Measurement of social media reach, activity effectiveness, and ROI on advertising spends.
- Photography and Video:
- Organize and manage the photo and video libraries for each hotel.
- Organising photo shoots and new video development to support business objectives.
- Online marketing – 3rd Parties:
- identifying online channels to support marketing initiatives for individual hotels and implement marketing campaigns.
- Review and audit all 3rd party websites which feature individual hotels and ensure that the content is up to date/ appropriate and adheres to brand strategy.;
- Print Collateral:
- Responsible for the development and creation of new hotel printed collateral (and online version) across all revenue streams.
- Responsible for the development and creation of new hotel promotional collateral (and online version) across all revenue streams.
- Database management:
- Responsible for the Management of all databases and ensure full application and compliance with GDPR legislation.
- Manage and execute all email marketing campaigns utilising branded ezine systems, and measurement of ROI on all campaigns.
- Work with all industry third party organisations, to maximise marketing opportunities e.g. Failte Ireland/ Tourism Ireland / OTA’s etc…
- Manage internal data collection tools and assist hotel teams to maximise database growth and ensure compliance with GDPR legislation.
- Food and Beverage:
- Coach and assist the hotel F&B managers to draw up an annual Food and Beverage marketing plan for all restaurant and bar outlets.
- Responsible for the delivery of the marketing activities required and control of budgets allocated to all activities.
- Online systems: Responsible for the management of the relationships with all third party online marketing and sales systems used by the individual hotels / MHL Hotel Collection brand.
- Trends and systems: keep up to date with new online trends and systems, review and make recommendations for implementation to support the individual hotels/groups objectives.
- Marketing Meeting: Attend monthly marketing meetings with sales and revenue teams, to identify and execute marketing initiatives to support revenue objectives across all revenue streams including bedrooms, restaurants and bars, leisure center, gym, spas, meetings and events, weddings etc
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, and development of team members in the Galway Cluster team.
- Work with individual hotel management and team members to implement agreed marketing activities and adhere to timelines agreed.
- Reports: Report on daily, weekly and monthly activity including an update on marketing spends, and analysis of individual marketing results vs KPI’s.
The successful applicant will also have:
- A degree or higher diploma in digital marketing or e-commerce
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a digital marketing / eCommerce management role (B2C and B2B environment)
- Excellent levels of personal motivation and organisation, confident, ambitious and pro-active
- Track record of remaining current on e-commerce and digital industry trends, and identifying new trends
- Proven track record in effectively building and managing a team, with the ability to work well both as a team and independently.
- Effective communicator with colleagues, guests, and supplier, individually and in groups, with the capacity to provide clear written reports.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in digital platforms and systems.
- Strong commercial focus and ability to work to revenue and KPI targets, in tight deadlines.
- Track record in marketing success, Target and results-driven
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.