An exciting new opportunity has arisen with a Medical Device client who are looking to hire a permanent Clinical Field Service Engineer for the Connaught region.
Reporting to the Medical Commercial Manager, the Field Service Engineer would be joining a team of three who manage the various regions. The Field Service Engineer is mostly required to carry out testing and calibration on customer products and on occasion very minor repairs. They successful applicant will be required to educate the customer on maintenance/ upkeep and advise customer on next steps if a product has reached it’s end of life. They will also be required to complete a service report and send to sales team.
The customer facing element of this role is equally as important to the calibration as this person is the face of the company.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Install and optimize hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites
- Diagnose and resolve product performance problems
- Ensure customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance
- Proactively respond to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business
- Deliver fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software including hardware
- Serve as an internal resource on technical issues
- Calibrate equipment on-site for large volume customers
- Document all actions and results in a timely manner
- Adhere fully to the quality standards required by our ISO certification
- Manage stock control of spare parts and consumables that are assigned
- Maintain all tools and test equipment to a high standard
- Uphold high professional work and quality standards
- Provide flexibility to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service to the company’s customer base
- 3rd Level Qualification in relevant discipline ie, Electronic Engineering/Mechatronics
- Strong Technical problem solving and fault finding skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimum direction and in pressure situations
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communications, listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer ethos, to develop trusted customer relationships
- Strong IT, computer literacy and networking skills
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Full clean driving license
For confidential discussion on this role contact Jessica Ryan.