Career Opportunity - Chief Financial Officer - International Insurance Operation
Are you an experienced Financial Controller/Head of Finance who is looking to take the next step in your career, into a CFO position?
We are delighted to bring to the market a new senior appointment opportunity. Our client is a leading global insurance and financial services provider and expanding operations into Ireland.
Recruiting now has started for the first hire within the Accounting/Finance function to help them establish the operations and financial systems locally. They are seeking to attract an experienced, qualified accountant with a strong commercial acumen to join their very exciting new start-up operation here. This new role will be based in the Dublin 18 headquarters. The organisation have very ambitious plans to grow their operation here in Ireland to 400 plus employees.
The successful candidate will be someone who is a self-starter, who is happy to move into a hands-on role as required during the initial ramp-up and growth phase and someone who will thrive on new challenges and experience a start-up culture!
They will offer a hybrid working model and have an excellent company culture.
- Provide business support to establish and grow the business
- Oversee the day-to-day financial reporting matters of a new insurance operation
- Establish financial reporting processes, including a payroll function, for the operation
- Engage with the Group Finance team of the listed holdings company
- Establish tax and regulatory reporting capabilities
- Proven Experience in the management of a finance function – head of finance, senior financial manager, audit partner or senior financial controller within financial services organisations.
- Must be a qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent
- Must have a good understanding of financial accounting, advanced financial process design, taxation and principles of financial regulation
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Must have a “can do” attitude, coupled with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For more information on this role contact Niamh Cregg