Chemistry Lab Manager|Naas|Perm
The Chemistry Lab Manager will have responsibility for efficiently managing and organise the day-to-day running of the chemistry laboratory from sample receipt to final report, ensuring that all samples are analysed to a high standard by suitably trained staff within time limits acceptable to the customer and to the highest standards of customer service.
Chemistry Laboratory Manager's responsibilities
- To supervise the analysis of samples to enable results to be reported within a time period suitable to the client
- To inform the Technical Manager if resources, be they staffing or equipment, are inadequate to meet analysis demands.
- To ensure that all staff are properly trained to perform tasks
- To ensure that agreed quality and safety systems are continually adhered to by the Section such as check/repeat samples, recoveries, dating of reagents, logging of standards etc. and to review, revise or expand such systems as appropriate.
- To assist in establishing, and monitoring budgets
- To be responsible for staff motivation and discipline and to conduct necessary interviews including appraisals and those for prospective employees.
- To undertake external communications with customers regarding matters requiring clarification, and anticipated date of analysis completion.
- To advise customers, when requested, of relevant tests to perform, to instigate quotations through the marketing department and to issue reports, including interpretations of findings when requested and/or competent to do so.
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation.
- To attend relevant meetings, seminars etc.
- To maintain a list of methods/techniques requiring development. Plan development in association with the Technical Manager.
Chemistry Laboratory Manager responsibilities:
- Chemistry Degree
- 4 years of experience in people management
- Experience in the food testing industry an advantage
- Eager to progress your career
**FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION**
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Cornally.