Chemist II | Cork
Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic multinational organisation that offers you the chance to develop and grow your career? We have an exciting opportunity for a Chemist II who will oversee the day-to-day operation of the laboratory. You will be the first point of contact for analysts on technical issues and will conduct analytical testing on commercial, stability, and non-routine samples.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Understands and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Delivery of key Quality and Performance Objectives. Maintenance of laboratory scorecards and trackers.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory training requirements for both you and your team. Ensure that both your own and teams training records are up to date and compliant to cGMP.
- Your responsibilities may include test method development and validation, raw material, in process, finished product and Stability testing.
- Complete documentation associated with testing/ method development & Validation/ equipment qualification in a timely manner.
- Ensure all analytical testing is carried out as defined in the Quality System.
- Perform equipment calibration and installation/ qualification as required.
- Participate in Regulatory, Internal (Auditor/Auditee) and Vendor audit programs as required.
- Provide training (induction/ on the job/ procedures and updates), technical guidance / trouble shooting to laboratory staff including review of associated training records.
- Review and approval of Laboratory results and documentation, as required the trending and charting of data.
- Proficient in the use various software application utilized in the laboratory.
- Create, review and approve change requests as required. Where required approve CR’s as laboratory trainer.
- Provide leadership to Technician and Chemist I grades.
- Represent the laboratory on cross functional project teams as required. Attend and represent the laboratories at meetings and communicate information back to management.
- Deputise for the Laboratory Supervisor/ Snr Chemist as required.
- Management of laboratory spend and approval of vendor invoices.
- Management of laboratory inventory and supplies and ordering of same.
- Participate on LBP/VIP and Continuous project teams as required.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- 3-5 years’ of GMP experience as a Chemistry Analyst is required for this role.
- Relevant level 8 degree in a Science, Pharmaceutical or similar field
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.