An exciting opportunity for an experienced Chemical Production Operator to join a leading US-based Polymer and Biomaterial technology company based in Newcastle West, Limerick on a permanent contract. This opportunity is in one of Ireland’s most exciting and newest start-ups.
The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of personal safety, product quality, and production efficiency in the manufacturing of chemical blends/products according to customers' specifications and schedules. Duties will include the operation of reactors as well as the filling, loading, and unloading of systems and auxiliary equipment. This position must operate and document batch processes to follow ISO, GMP and HSA regulations.
· Operates production equipment and monitors process conditions, key performance metrics, equipment and control systems in order to make appropriate decisions to maintain and/or achieve desired rates and conditions.
· Batch manufacturing including, weighing and charging raw materials to vessels and tanks, transferring products from vessels to storage tanks and other containers.
· Complete raw material verification process to ensure that only the correct and approved raw materials are charged.
· Follows company policies, principles, procedures, standards, and practices to ensure safe and reliable operation. The employee will be trained in the cGMP requirements applicable to their responsibilities. cGMP principles and practices will be applied in all work assignments.
· Demonstrates excellent GDP (Good Documentation Practice) ensuring high standards are maintained.
· Work in a Clean Room environment.
· Train other employees on various steps when necessary and with the agreement.
· Read, record and interpret data from instruments, reactors, pumps, etc. to adjust as required to affect efficient and safe operations.
· Understand the key process variables which impact product and quality/consistency and understand how to control and troubleshoot them.
· Forklift experience desired (training will be provided).
· GMP training desired (training will be provided).
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar environment.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Andrew O’Neill.