Video for this job
The Role –
The successful candidate will have autonomy to grow their team and responsibilities, it is a very exciting opportunity in a growing company that uses leading technology to drive their business forward. Transport Management experience is preferred.
Your day to day –
- Ensure optimal productivity through the deployment of standardized logistics and Supply Chain processes across multiple customers.
- Ensure up to date and timely visibility of activity in the network with suitable dashboards highlighting summary numbers and exceptions
- Manage the structure and administration of the transport management system together with Super Users to ensure we maximize internal configuration and control of the system.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization to deliver higher efficiency and cost savings in the global transport network
- Support members assigned globally in APAC, EMEA, and Americas with best practice and TMS insights
- Collaborate with global Operations Sites, business development team, new project implementation, IT, in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with TMS policies and procedures to include safety rules and dangerous goods rules, IATA and government regulations.
- Develop criteria, application instructions, procedural manuals, Standard Operating Procedures and contracts for Transport engagements with customers and transport partners
- Remain aware of market developments to ensure optimal movement of shipments.
The Essentials – what you need
- Extensive proven track record in transport management with demonstrable experience of adding value to customers Supply Chain.
- Relevant third level degree or Business Degree
- Interpersonal and strong communication skills to all levels in the organisation.
- Team management
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular, Excel
- Strong knowledge of transport and warehouse management systems (TMS and WMS) functionality
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage time efficiently is essential
- Appreciation of lean management principles and how they can impact positively in the business development cycle
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel on 021 4911065 or email email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!